Chris Bell

Night Environment v1.8 Update Preview!!!

Roi1862
3 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

aah, Thank you Roi now i understand :)
the light at level 1 are acting as expected; nothing to be concerned about
have a look here

Sure sure no complaint about this. I just wanted MORE ! :)   

Thanks Chris ! keep up the good work and hopefully all will work 100% ! 

• Like 1

Chris Bell

you do have more!
activate level 3 folder and turn off 1!
if you are under P3D v3.1 (which you should!)

be advised there is a small bug atm reading library objects data,
it is being looked at by the guys at LM as e speak :)

Roi1862
34 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

you do have more!
activate level 3 folder and turn off 1!
if you are under P3D v3.1 (which you should!)

be advised there is a small bug atm reading library objects data,
it is being looked at by the guys at LM as e speak :)

Thanks again Chris ! it took so long to load then i thought anything above level 1 dosnt work but it does. Thank you 

• Like 1

Chris Bell

its all good Roi,
its just this new bug we got with the latest 3.1 release; it will be history soon enough ;)

• Like 1

Roi1862
2 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

its all good Roi,
its just this new bug we got with the latest 3.1 release; it will be history soon enough ;)

I know Chris i trust you with eyes closed !

• Like 1

Saldo

Hi Chris,

Just read this topic.

You advised to turn of Level 1. For which versions is this ?

As I fly jets only can I leave the light poles out but the light bulbs in to gain fps ?

Regards

Gerard

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Hi Gerard,
i advise to reduce yellow slider in case you need to free up VAS space
if you don't run a heavy environment most cases its not needed;
generally this applies to all regions when in a overflow situation,

denmax18
On ‎06‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 1:27 AM, Chris Bell said:

Night Environment v1.8 Update Preview

a little preview of whats to be expected in v1.8 update coming up later on,
the update includes several enhancement to our v1.7 lighting system architecture ,
some of the new feature on the list includes:

* Adjustable 3D Light Bawl size
* 3D lights intensity slider
* Star Light 3D lighting
* Volumetric lighting
* cars with (switchable) headlights beams

V1.8.jpg

V1.8b.jpg

nice

• Like 1

rogerwest

Night Environment v1.8 Update when???????

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Hi Roger,
i cant be specific atm; things are happening :)

gsumner

Im grateful for the continuing updates Chris, but if aerosoft haven't released half of the 1.7 updates yet, we could wait months nay . . . . .years for 1.8 or even 2.0

Sorry but cant get too excited yet.

I know its not your fault, I do believe you are getting a bad deal here though.

Graham

Chris Bell

Thanks Graham,

you are correct; it is out of my control atm,

but... things are happening if all goes well v1.8 will be available soon,

• Like 2

Roi1862

I dont think Aerosoft got bad intentions they are just taking lots of projects and they are business driven more then anything else which is logic since they got bunch of employees needs to get paychecks. 

I am hoping as well we will get to see 1.8 and BM on our sim soon i still dont fly much at night till ill have it. Keep on the great job Chris ! 

Edited by Roi1862
  • Like 3

gsumner

As far as i'm aware Aerosoft just take the updates and put them in a software wrapper which protects against pirated installations. Some software i've bought has been updated several times in the first couple of days so it cant be too difficult to encase the program in the wrapper. Surely some automation has been developed at their level.

Night environment makes a huge difference to my simming. I actually never flew at night before it came along. I just think Chris could be supported better by the software distribution team though. There are competitors out there and Chris needs to prove his code is better than theirs which also needs update support. 

Don't forget Chris needs a pay check too.

I hope things get better for you Chris. Good luck with 1.8 and beyond. Im eager to get my night scenery through all of Europe lit by your talent

Graham

• Like 2

Chris Bell

Thanks guys,

just as you said Roi;i don't believe Aerosoft has bad intentions,

i have requested an explanation which i promptly received directly from Mathijs,

if im not mistaken i have also shared that with our community somewhere here,

i was told average company costs are around 600EUR in manpower to update a single title,

its not the wrapper thats taking the bulk of this (which i also offered to replace with our own);

its everything around it dealing with distribution etc that totals a give manpower to cover,

now compound this with our regions number;a simple math makes it around 14k per update for our line each time,

consider beside our own internal updates; Sim developers like Dovetail and Lockheed are actively developing new platforms as well as updating existing ones,

we are expected to have 3 new platforms this year alone!!! considering this industry been sleepy for some time now...

the future is to say the least... very exciting,

with that said we learned the issues that arose with time; we are addressing them all!

we have been working on our own direct distribution channel in the form of our own shop front (for the convenience of our customers),

Aerosoft will continue to be our main publisher; they are a very good and reliable company! (this is first hand!)

my personal take is... they are still caught up in a very old mindset of distribution,

times have changes and the industry has developed and moved away from hard media distribution; while some internal policies haven't updated accordingly yet!

i know it is unheard of yet, just as NE was initially unheard off;

we plan to offer a separate (optional) extended update subscription at a fair price that will benefit everyone involved and protect the customers investment,

at the moment we don't control the updates directly; most of the time it is not updates due to our wrong development doing;

it has to do with platform developers moving forward enhancing features and functionality etc...

they do charge for these updates; yet we are in a predicament where we the small developer has to comp the added time needed to catch up with changes,

that is if you ask me the main issue with continues updates today; some very old company policies needs to changes and catch up with today's industry changes,

• Like 2

ManuelB
On 25/5/2016 at 13:56, Chris Bell said:

i was told average company costs are around 600EUR in manpower to update a single title,

Seriously, you think we'll believe it ???
This is not the first time Mathijs exaggerate the numbers to justify these choices.
When I make an Update for my programme by Simmarket, the price are 70€ for the update job, and Simmarket build also the installer ! 
When the distributor have all files in the good folder, without make a test,  the time for make installer and upload are under 2h00 for 1 employee !

• Like 3

ManuelB

Now in 2016, Aerosoft seems to wake up ! ... just let it come ! 
But when Orbx release this new Vector with Night Environment integrated ... if Aerosoft not release more Night Environement area, I think a lot users switch to Orbx system night !  

• Like 1

Chris Bell

did you miss Black Marble announcement?

Roi1862
7 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

did you miss Black Marble announcement?

I guess the question is who will be the first to release... ORBX is defiantly not Taburt and if they going to release global night lighting product a lot of people gonna jump on it.

• Like 2

Chris Bell

no one can touch Black Marble versatility nor its native vector native integration,

as well its natural Night Environment legacy,

its not really a competition :)

• Like 2

Roi1862
3 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

no one can touch Black Marble versatility nor its native vector native integration,

as well its natural Night Environment legacy,

its not really a competition :)

I am with you 100% on that, you know that Chris... Others might go with the brand name of ORBX.  You dont need to tell me about BM, i am just waiting... :)

• Like 1

ManuelB

I'm not miss B.M. Chriss  ... but yes,  who will be the first to release ...You or ORBX ...??? ( Yes Tabu are out of race  <;) ) 
At this actual time, the niche are full wide open ... and success for the first release, who find a good deal/price product on the market !

• Like 1

Chris Bell

a healthy competition with a reputable company like ORBX is nothing but gravy for you guys ;)

they do deliver quality product; but when it comes to night... common our team is focused only at only creating night lighting system!

do we need to go through this again?

joking aside; really to each his own there, nothing wrong with experimenting with what works for you,

any reputable developer understanding the scope and magnitude of what we published we are bringing to the table;

knows this is nothing like anyone seen before or something to sneeze about!

this is in house proprietary technology no one has the ability to create this yet but us,

this is partially why we haven't listed most of our system functionality (aside for the basic outlining information),

mark m y word when i say... when we do list our full functionality it will make everyone jaws drop even further, its a promise!

as for who will release first; i still don't see this as a race to the finish line;

this Attitude in my eyes doesn't help building confidence or quality assurance which is top priority for our team!

all i can say is; we will go above and beyond to make sure we deliver state of the art lighting system like no ne have seen before!

guaranteed  to give any competitor a run for his/her money :)

• Like 3

Roi1862
16 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

a healthy competition with a reputable company like ORBX is nothing but gravy for you guys ;)

they do deliver quality product; but when it comes to night... common our team is focused only at only creating night lighting system!

do we need to go through this again?

joking aside; really to each his own there, nothing wrong with experimenting with what works for you,

any reputable developer understanding the scope and magnitude of what we published we are bringing to the table;

knows this is nothing like anyone seen before or something to sneeze about!

this is in house proprietary technology no one has the ability to create this yet but us,

this is partially why we haven't listed most of our system functionality (aside for the basic outlining information),

mark m y word when i say... when we do list our full functionality it will make everyone jaws drop even further, its a promise!

as for who will release first; i still don't see this as a race to the finish line;

this Attitude in my eyes doesn't help building confidence or quality assurance which is top priority for our team!

all i can say is; we will go above and beyond to make sure we deliver state of the art lighting system like no ne have seen before!

guaranteed  to give any competitor a run for his/her money :)

Now you killing us even more ! :) 

Every weekend i fly without it is a waste... :(

• Like 1

Michael_B767_ATP

I cannot wait for B/M to hit the streets, my wallet is already open.

• Like 1