paulanders73

Black Marble and/or Night Environment

paulanders73

Hi

I purchased Night Environment for British Isles from PC Aviator about 3 years ago when I was running FSX, so the latest version was 1.7 I think.

Now I am running P3Dv4, I am looking to improve my night lighting.  So if I just wanted British Isles again , then I assume I need to buy the P3D version from your shop. If so , is there any discounts for existing customers from other vendors?

Having said that Black Marble looks impressive, so if I purchased this,  as well as getting worldwide coverage, would there be any need for NE. Just trying to understand what does NE do that Black marble doesn't and vice versa.

Would you recommend ideally running  Black Marble and NE together assuming they are compatible.

Thanks

Paul

Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Paul :)
Night Environment is a regional based product line,
with Night Environment we use a specific technology  that designed mainly for Photoreal but can also be used on its own as a stand alone,

due to the element nature we confided to a state size titles, Night Environment creates a Photoreal lightmap,
driven by vector data  that we use to place 3D lights along roads, at night

Black Marble is the evolution since Night Environment inception,
Black Marble appears similar to Night Environment in many aspects as they were designed to interact seamlessly,

but they are different still as Black marble utilized the landclass framework builtin Sim,

this allows Black Marble to cover the entire globe (something we cannot do through NE if we wanted too)
with Black Marble we bring actual roads, to be exact the entire globe, 
we bring every road in existence  worldwide in sim native format,

the new vector data Black Marble brings in is not just lights, its first roads,
those roads forces sim to "autogenerate" a higher fidelity base visuals as new roads confine areas and form a closer to real world grid,
at night we give you all the tools and control to fine tune just about any elements included in the night, light color, size, position, type, and so on,

Chris Bell

Thank you Paul, i just saw that myself :)
no they are not wrong, just bit earlier than expected,
we are working on it; should be  publicly visible at noon (PST),

you can immediately use BIGSALE coupon code during checkout,
(do not forget to hit "apply coupon" before checking out!!! if the button remains grayed after you paste the coupon code in place;
add a space in the end of the coupon code and backspace again this should make the button pop up and available to apply coupon code)

• Like 1

paulanders73

Perfect, thanks.

Davi haynes

So black marble is better than British isles, tell me about basepack, I have orbx south and North America Europe vector and global dose it conflict with orbx dave

Davi haynes

Is there any free coupons for black marble and vector thanks dave

Chris Bell

@Davi haynes

its not a question of better; these are each for different  application,

1 hour ago, Chris Bell said:

Night Environment is a regional based product line,
with Night Environment we use a specific technology  that designed mainly for Photoreal but can also be used on its own as a stand alone,

due to the element nature we confided to a state size titles, Night Environment creates a Photoreal lightmap,
driven by vector data  that we use to place 3D lights along roads, at night

Black Marble is the evolution since Night Environment inception,
Black Marble appears similar to Night Environment in many aspects as they were designed to interact seamlessly,

but they are different still as Black marble utilized the landclass framework builtin Sim,

this allows Black Marble to cover the entire globe (something we cannot do through NE if we wanted too)
with Black Marble we bring actual roads, to be exact the entire globe, 
we bring every road in existence  worldwide in sim native format,

the new vector data Black Marble brings in is not just lights, its first roads,
those roads forces sim to "autogenerate" a higher fidelity base visuals as new roads confine areas and form a closer to real world grid,
at night we give you all the tools and control to fine tune just about any elements included in the night, light color, size, position, type, and so on,

there are no FREE coupons!

1 hour ago, Chris Bell said:

you can immediately use BIGSALE coupon code during checkout,
(do not forget to hit "apply coupon" before checking out!!! if the button remains grayed after you paste the coupon code in place;
add a space in the end of the coupon code and backspace again this should make the button pop up and available to apply coupon code)

Chris Bell
8 minutes ago, Davi haynes said:

I have orbx south and North America Europe vector and global dose it conflict with orbx dave

no issues there; our installers will take care of everything for you,

make sure to go through our Orbx checklist and make sure no duplicate data is running,

paulanders73

Hi Chris

Tried to checkout with coupon but is says it is not currently valid. 

image.png.831510019fc2fa597aa2afeb16fe6c82.png

Happy to wait a few hours until 1200 PST, if that helps.

• Like 1

paulanders73

The button wasn't greyed out.

I hit the 'Apply Coupon' button. It seems to acknowledge it. But then said not valid.

Anyway , just started over and it worked this time.

Many thanks

Paul

• Thanks 1

Michael Broom

I have just purchased and installed  Base plus Vector plus the Stargazer and must say that it is quite fantastic.

Just one thing though and that is that I find that some of the main roads are a sort of bright red in colour and do not look quite natural and I am wondering whether there is some setting whereby I can tone down this colour.

Look forward to hearing from anyone please.

Michael

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

welcome to our forums Michael :)

you can use sim internal color saturation, brightness, and bloom to further adjust your visuals (HDR must be on for these sliders to be active),

you also have you builtin screen color profile that's also effecting you initial global monitor settings,

and than you  have third party tools like PTA which allows you to further interface and tune Sim native shaders to your liking,

between the three alternatives above you should be able to dial in any visuals you want,