Chris Bell

Hi everyone, the cat is out of the bag! xD
we are exited to announce our release of Black Marble Next Generation,
with the release of Prepar3D v4.3 it is now possible to push the boundaries even further,

Black Marble will now be referred to as Black Marble NG as in Next Generation,

with a new look, a new feel and amazing night views like never before,
seen for miles and miles, as far as your eye can see,

more lights, more colors, all with native sim controls,
you can even make changes on the fly to NG lighting system through sim vegetation density slider you can adjust light density, 
BMM was also amended with wide array of new profiles to fit virtually any condition out of the box,

NG.Profiles.jpg

Under your program menu Programs menu > CreativeDesignStudios > Black Marble NG - Base > Black Marble NG Control Panel
(early development release atm) this is different from BMM (which manages and configures worldwide roads and night time lighting profiles)

the manager is not fancy (yet!) will mature and grow with time to offer many more options,

there's no more need to uninstall or reinstall after  platform updates, we added some basic first aid functions here which we will expand on further,

as you can see we can repair any issues in 2 minutes, we can refresh sim indexes as well as flush DirectX cache,

and the one surprise everyone been waiting for; even though no one knows about it yet,

its the nest thing everyone will talk about and use at night, meet our special Night Boost!!!

with Night Boost activated we can now push even more during night flights than ever before; 

one click activates while unchecked deactivates Night Boost,

NG.Cpanel.jpg

(note with the exception of Night Boost all other functions do not have persistent checkbox)

we posted all new installers for all our existing Black Marble customers with the new NG tag,

(currently only Prepar3D v4 installer were posted while other platforms still uploading)

this is a seamless upgrade to all our loyal customers ❤️ 

log in to your shop account where you will find the new NG installers posted to your account,

(title doesn't reflect NG yet but the download should be with NG in the file name)

BlackMarble NG Control Panel v1.0.0 (included with Base installer)

BlackMarble NG Base v1.0.0 Installer

BlackMarble NG Vector v1.0.0 / for 3D Bridges Installer

BlackMarble NG 3D Bridges v1.0.0 Installer

BlackMarble NG Traffic Pack v1.0.0 Installer

(yes you see correctly, no more patches needed from here on!!!)

Black Marble Next Generation all our  Vector data is now rendered with the highest real world fidelity,

this means roads are the real width of real world roads with matching bridges and traffic flow,

all data is now perfectly rendered with 1:1 real world fidelity for the most accurate road network replication possible in sim,

with Black marble NG worldwide road network not only you get cars with volumetric lighting for even more twinkling light views;
you can follow roads and practice real world VFR navigation anywhere on the globe with car traffic flowing all around you day or night,

all you will be missing is Stargazer to complete the night sky with yet another exciting layer that makes the night absolutely sublime,

i will dare to say that now With Black Marble Next Generation we have a much superior road network with night lighting than XPlane ever had!

watch the video below and you'll understand what Stargazer does in combination with Black Marble NG and why we dare to compare :o

with our new features night flying will never be the same, we defy the laws of nature and redefined a new  standards in sim night flying!

Meet the new standards in Night Flying - Black Marble Next Generation! (NG)

the new installer are "intelligent installers"; they will not allow install or uninstall in the wrong order,

if you run any Orbx titles please follow instruction posted here for disabling duplicated features in FTX Central,

everything is completely new and different now,

you will need to uninstall everything old BM related and run the new Black Marble NG installers,

there's no more patches or anything to deal with beside unchecking few orbx entries in FTX Central if you run Orbx,

with NG everything is configured automatically now based on your system configuration,

Black Marble NG is a more advance and complex than the previous generation,

there will be more information posted in the up coming days,

including step by step instructions for setup/install and third party integration instructions

from all the Creative Design Studios Team,
we hope you all enjoy this release ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

rtk1972

i love you Chris ! Thanks for your hard work and the hard work of your team !

Best wishes from germany,

Carsten

• Thanks 1

Roi1862

Thanks Chris ! Will report as soon as its done. BTW the Vector download file name dosnt got NG in it. It still same filename as before. 

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

fixed! :$

• Haha 1

Roi1862

Chris, what is "night boost" ? 

• Like 1

bhorv67

Thanks Chris - You mention to follow the instructions regarding Orbx integration. It's said to install the Orbx compatibility patch, but on this page, you don't list an NG version of the Orbx patch. Can you clarify?

• Like 1

Cruachan

Hi bhorv67,

I'm sure Chris wants users to follow only those parts of the post which are still relevant to BM-NG:

"if you run any Orbx titles please follow instruction posted here for disabling duplicated features in FTX Central,"

..and, from his post above:

"there will be more information posted in the up coming days,

including step by step instructions for setup/install and third party integration instructions"

Compatibility patches are now irrelevant and should not be used as the new BM-NG installers take care of everything. I suspect Chris will have taken care of any attempts to use those obsolete patches by blocking their installation.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan
  • Like 1

UAL4life

Hello Chris and all, Trying to get access to the Orbx instructions but i get this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

just bought BM bas hoping to check it out but I do not want to uninstall Orbx.... thanks for your help...

Edited by UAL4life
sp
  • Like 1

bhorv67
5 hours ago, Cruachan said:

Hi bhorv67,

I'm sure Chris wants users to follow only those parts of the post which are still relevant to BM-NG:

"if you run any Orbx titles please follow instruction posted here for disabling duplicated features in FTX Central,"

..and, from his post above:

"there will be more information posted in the up coming days,

including step by step instructions for setup/install and third party integration instructions"

Compatibility patches are now irrelevant and should not be used as the new BM-NG installers take care of everything. I suspect Chris will have taken care of any attempts to use those obsolete patches by blocking their installation.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks - I had a feeling that was the case, but figured I'd ask. Will be on the lookout for new info.

• Like 1

Chris Bell
15 hours ago, Roi1862 said:

Chris, what is "night boost" ? 

hmm... thatch extra sauce for night time flying,
you can use boost and push your night scenery even further :) 

• Like 1

chrisb

curious about what procedures, if any, do we need to follow now when reactivating/deactivating FTX regions  in the scenery lib.? 

Edited by chrisb

Chris Bell

Hi Chris :)
see here please 

Punnamee

Hi Chris 

I want ask about Black marble 

I must buy base 49.99$ and i must pay license for 2 years 9.98$ all include is 59.97$ right ?

When i used 2 years completed i must pay for 9.98$ every 2 years ? 

and Black marble is Compatible with ORBX Global , Vector , Tree HD , OpenLC Europe not Problem ? 

Thank you,  Big hug to you.

• Like 1

Chris Bell

there is no time limit on your license, you can use your lic for as long as you wish, with or without support package!!!

there are no restrictions to how many time you can activate for your personal use, and we do not limit concurrent activated system,

Support package is for accessing our support area while you're under your maintenance program
(by default you get 3 months free support and updates with all our products!),

while under your support which by the way covers all 4 addons included in Black Marble NG line!
we will maintain your files for you on our servers; you do not need to save a local copy,

you will always have access to the most recent build we publish,

as ell as access to our priority ticketing system in shop,

we currently locked the support option because of some who insisted not buying support and take advantage of our 300% discount at checkout,

they all came back complaining they run out of support but they want the new builds and they now need some technical support,

while under support plan we offer many perks to our customers; discounts, special offers, and extended white glove technical support,

those who support us we give back when it is time to renew it is a special loyalty low price without any  purchase required and you will be covered again for all Black Marble line updates or  support needs,
for example this new Black Marble NG line is technically a new product which all our currently supported Black Marble customers received at no charge what so ever!

it is important to note that our support is not community based though we allow community support; you get a dedicated support with us,

through our shop you can open a support ticket and you will be assigned with a dedicated professional rep!

Punnamee

Thank you Chris ,  Big hug to you.

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

@Punnamee

Thank you ❤️

here's a freebie..
there is not a single developer out there you can say too; im paying for this where is my support or my updates!!!

you can only say it here xD

with the rest even though they charge for support quietly embedded in their retail price,

you dont get that leg to stand on, when in our day and age you should!

can you go to Aerosoft or SimMarket and say something like... "im paying for support aren't i where is my updates!?" :P 

Punnamee

@Chris Bell Must Pay more for Update for Aerosoft and Simmarket maybe 5Eur

I can buy Blue Marble with Black Marble together ?

I not so Good English , I must sometime Google Translate lol.

Thank you ♥ 

• Like 1

Punnamee

Hello @Chris Bell I buy Complate. But i can't download files. Help me please what i must do.

• Like 1

Chris Bell

@Punnamee Thank you ❤️

right now you are in our forums, the shop is a separate server requiring a separate account activation and login,
you cannot register to our shop unless you place an order at least one time,

once you verify your account activation for shop,

our system sync your accounts in forums and allow you access here to registered members only areas,

you can also after placing your first order login to your shop account directly by Clicking Here

all your items are located shop account under your "Manage Purchases" tab,

you can open a support ticket from each item page directly if needed,

S1vannah

Hi Chris, one point of clarification...will the new NG still work under 4.2 of P3D?  Turns out there are multiple issues with 4.3 at this point as many add ons don't work with 4.3 so many folks wont be able to upgrade yet.  Can you please clarify AND I also want the new Stargazer package, will that work with 4.2?  

Cheers and thanks!

R. Greg

• Like 1

Chris Bell

sure will! BMNG and all packages support  Prepar3D v4.x, 3.x,  FSXSE, and FSX

4.3 is worth it the efforts to update, some had great success migrating some had issue,

i can say i had any; but some i know did; so i cant really point the finger whats at fault,

i do know that all once they got 4.3 up and running; and they all did!

they love it and said it was worth the birth pains,

i haven't heard of any reputable developed who hasn't addressed any issues prior to release,

senya016
15 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

sure will! BMNG and all packages support  Prepar3D v4.x, 3.x,  FSXSE, and FSX

4.3 is worth it the efforts to update, some had great success migrating some had issue,

i can say i had any; but some i know did; so i cant really point the finger whats at fault,

i do know that all once they got 4.3 up and running; and they all did!

they love it and said it was worth the birth pains,

i haven't heard of any reputable developed who hasn't addressed any issues prior to release,

Many thanks for the excellent work! And do not be offended, please)

• Like 1

Chris Bell

offended...? by what?

senya016

For my dissatisfaction after the release of 4.3

• Like 1