Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

Traffic Pack & Black Marble

bhorv67

To continue the discussion from the previous thread - Did I hijack your thread? Wan't my intention, was merely trying to understand how this add-on will work. 

You posted a video demonstrating the traffic pack, but at :10, you turned off what appears to be the BM lights. Is the only way to see the volumetric lighting in the traffic pack is to disable the street lights? My original question was how is this possible without turn off the BM lights or if there's a way to make the light spill on the road way less bright?

I"m trying to justify the purchase cost of this add-on, which I think would be great, as the default traffic is lacking, But if I can't see traffic, because the light spill on the roadways can't be adjusted, I don't see the point - you then mentioned there's an update or a new version of BM coming called 'Next Generation', for which you posted another video - can you explain what Next Generation is, when is it available? 

I"m not trying to be difficult with my questions - your add ons look great, I like using them, but the responses given in the forum are sometimes frustrating in that the answers are not really given. 

Chris Bell

that will do :)
you have to see my position; on the one hand i want to get into details with our potential and existing customers,

i can get very technical but it needs to be in the correct area, if we start a discussion regarding how BM lights are set in a particular scene  over an anouncment thread;
other following behind will have to read through to make sure there's nothing they are missing; and that not the point of my  thread there,

to the issue at hand, i responded to you initial question before the video post with an image clipped  from BMM,

you see there all the option you can change and control; size is right there in your control; you just need to adjust scale function to your liking!

62.jpg

light bloom is controlled through your bloom and brightness sliders in sim,
as well as through your monitor color and tone profile it runs on its own!

in the video we actually used an older clip from our NE France because we have implemented our "rustic" effect,

this effect mimics  rural areas where roads don't have lights; its a special algorithm we created,

so as you go far out of main metro area less and less roads are lit!

this gave as an area without ground splash which allows us to showcase how the effect looks; so you can only see the effect we were showcasing,

in the video i posted you can see cars and traffic run over regular roads as well as twinkling int he distance,
in this video it is harder to only make out the cars effect and which part they play in the scenery,
now that you see them on their own you can place their visual effect in the night lights jungle :) 

makes sense now?

Chris Bell

if you are looking for a good reason to justify purchasing Traffic Pack its value go further beyond night implementation,
the cars are also visible at day and completely change the "feel" you get from sim now,

it is never ever still again!

anywhere in the world! day or night there will always be real traffic movement on the ground!!!
in small street large highways with loads of traffic, any time anywhere!

it is one of the most dramatic addons you will come across or experience these days! 

we make it easy for you to get refunded; we dont even stipulate any real time restrictions,

if your honest and fairly didn't like our work or something didn't work out for you for whatever reason; 
there isn't one customer who asked and didn't get his money back!

not many have asked for their money back to this day; i can count on one hand who actually did and half of them came back!

either way we have full money back guarantee no questions asked!

Chris Bell

Traffic Pack in case you misunderstand; its not the cars with lights! those are just a bonus!

you are getting close to 6.5GB of premium dedicated real world freeway traffic data that matches Black Marble vector roads worldwide!

you can turn off our cars with lights effect we include with the pack; they are not the key element there!

our traffic data will also work over any Photoreal as well as native landclass just like our 3D Bridges, and so will BM NG!

Andysking

Hi Chris how do I buy the Traffic Pack?

The check box is greyed out to select the Traffic Pack unless I also check Base and Vector (I already have both).

Thanks in advance 

Andy

• Like 1

Andysking

Ignore above post SOLVED

wasn't logged in with my account

• Like 1