Chris Bell

Night Environment Global Region list and Current Coverage Map

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Night Environment Global Region list and Current Coverage Map
(list and map will be updated regularly to reflect our progress)

necovers2.jpg

ne.region.lists.jpg

+Aviator_1979    69
Aviator_1979

Hello Chris is there any news beside updates from the current series, will there be new products coming in the usa and europe. Thanks in advance ?

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Yes there will be new NA regions coming out;
we had a little setback in our production schedule; once the 1.7 update will roll-out we will release new NA regions

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

Chris - Scandinavia is now in "started/paused" mode - any idea when they will come updated to 1.7?

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Hi Ole,

we never published the Scandinavia Pack (Aerosoft does have it ready and in v1.7 format);

at some point we wanted to combine the three together; we left it as individual regions so costs stay low for our customers,

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

???

I know you published them indivitually - I have three, but still not Finland though - I have them however in version 1.1 - and wonder when they will be released in 1.7. I am not sure what you mean by "Aerosoft does have it ready and in 1.7 format" I have not bought them via Aerosoft, but via Just Flight...

Edited by oleandreasen

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Aerosoft is our Publisher,

when i say Aerosoft has it; it means Ive submitted the complete developed region to them;

what they do with it from there is another story and basically out of my hands as far as scheduling goes,

all the Scandinavian regions were updated to v1.7, Aerosoft has them and preparing them for distribution through their multiple channels,

it doesn't matter which shop you purchased our work through; that channel will also be updated with our new regions when they are available,

none of these regions were published in their 1.7 format yet; when a region is updated it will also be indicated here,

http://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/forum/8-product-release-and-updates/

and on many of our friends channels to help spread the news of a new update availability,

• Like 1

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

OK - Thanks a lot Chris. If you have delivered it to AE, then I believe (hope) it won´t be long before I can see the update. Ill keep a keen eye out for. Again thanks for answering and even on a weekend day. :x

• Like 1

+ManuelB    89
ManuelB

Hummm ... not future Europa area in development ... ?
I suggest 2 good mercantile area for your business
* Turkey ( T2G and Aerosoft airport use )
* Czeck Republic ( for use with the futur Praha airport  ... if release by Aerosoft this century ... lol )

Great

Edited by ManuelB
  • Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

we have allot in development we just don't advertize until we are ready :)

Turkey was brought up before; im not sure how much coverage there is there to start with;

i asked on Aerosoft forums before but i didn't get any feedback; what does currently exist for that region?

i don't think they even have Photoreal coverage,

+ManuelB    89
ManuelB

For Turkey, I think there is not photoreal coverage available for this area  ... a great futur job for MegasceneryEarth compagny <;)

but you have 3  FSX airports.

Best Taxy2Gate Istanbul Ataturk airport, Antalya from Aerosoft, and Istanbul Sabiha airport, ...

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Thank you Manuel,

i cant disclose much in public at this point in time, there is something in the works for Turkey,

as a VIP member you will have access to our private area soon; where more information will be available ;)

• Like 1

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

HI again. Your old pain in the butt is here agin... A month later, since  you said that Aerosoft had gotten the Scandinavien contries (separately sold...) in ver. 1.7 - and I still haven´t seen any sign of the updates - You have a clue Chris?

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Hi Ole,
you are absolutely not a p... in my... :)
i don't have a schedule for the releases yet; i will ask Mathijs,
to be fair i have been holding Aerosoft back the past two weeks with an update i had to complete,
i have completed it as of today and uploaded to our SVN; i think they will start making our new installers this week,

• Like 1

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

Hi Chris - its me again

3½ months later - and still I am stuck with NE Denmark version 1.0... I keep asking, and you keep saying that it´s all in the go - but nothing happens - nothing! Seems a bit unprofessional if you ask me. Sorry to be less than happy, but if it will not be updated - then tell me so, so I can stop waiting for a new version.:(

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Hi Ole,
im sorry you feel that way; that was not my intention,
i have mentioned this numerous times; i have no control over Aerosoft release rate!

i have requested many time; and was recently answered with about 8 regions updated to v1.71 in less then one week,
they are trying and i am too; its not all in my control; and has no bearing on me being professional or not,

to answer your question, YES! Denmark has its v1.71 update already with Aerosoft,

we just have to be patient and wait our turn to be updated,
(even the above issue will be addressed in the future!)

+oleandreasen    18
oleandreasen

Chris. I never questioned your professionalism - your product is ace, without any doubt. It is Aerosoft´s professionalism I question. I find it hard to see how "they are trying" when a product has been sent to them, by you - 4-5 months ago - at least, and they just pocket it, instead of getting it out to us - the end users, who´s money have been spent. I know I know - I bought and paid for version 1.0, and Aerosoft could always just say that, and that I should be patient and wait for my FREE update - but when products that came out a lot later than for instance Denmark, and also in version 1.0, are already sent out for the costumers to enjoy in version 1.7x, then I still think it´s unprofessional, by Aerosoft.

Just an opinion. but as I said - it is not you I shoot at, and I shall not comment on it further. Thanks for the wonderful products Chris.

Ole

• Like 3

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

its perfectly OK and understandable Ole, no worries :)

• Like 1

+ManuelB    89
ManuelB

Agree with you oleandreasen ...
Aerosoft is blocking your development (and your finances) Chris, 
Are you sure it's still interesting for you to work with A.S. ?
This company ( A.S.)  goes down more and more in the estimation of many user !
And yes  Thanks for your wonderful products give a perfect realism by night ...

• Like 3

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Thank you Manuel :)
Aerosoft has been very good to us; they have mentored us into this world with kindness and fairness,
we have been working with them for two years now; and i cant say that im disappointed in the big picture;

ill admit there are issue i am not very happy about as you guys aware; this is not desired; but yet a reality,
we have a long ways to go; be sure we are working on making everything flow more efficiently,

• Like 1

+DMiloslav    29
DMiloslav

I also agree with ManuelB and oleandreasen.
I have a few of our great products, but by presenting Aerosoft I have not bought yet another. It feels to me as if this project was dead, slow update any info about new products.
It's a shame, you're doing a great job and they will not destroy his approach.

This is my point of view. Excuse my bad English. Perhaps it did not come out too badly.

• Like 2

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Hi Mila,
maybe im missing something;
what is it that made you guys gather this opinion of Aerosoft?
which other publisher for example is one that you trust and like to work with?

Aerosoft was and still is the biggest publisher for the Sim industry;
as a corporate they have their issues and policies we may not all agree on or like,
but it is also crucial to look at the big picture; they may be slow with some products;
they are stable and have been providing reliable service for over a decade now; while other came and left,
they bring in good developers and quality control to the industry; and they dont cut corners with quality,

with that; i know the human material behind the company; it is good people!
if you bring something to their attension they will not ignore you!

my suggestion is to try and bring matters that upset one as a customer to their attention as soon as possible,
just keeping the information of being upset is not helping them to improve their service!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.