Sign in to follow this  
Roger mathez

Night Environment for P3D V4

Roger mathez

Dear Support

Due to the Night Environment working in the P3D Version 4 I changed from Aerosoft to Chris Bell's shop here.

I purchased several countries and installed them into P3D Verson 4.1. (Tryed only till now)

The installer took me to the F drive containing my P3D installation but there I did not find any Night Environment folder or files.

After a quite long investigation on my machine I found the folders in:  C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\CreativeDesignStudios

Question to Chris why the dirction does not go into the existing P3D V4 installation as mentioned in the installer?

What can I do to redirect the installer into a preferred folder ?

Thanks for help  Roger

Night E.JPG

• Like 1

Chris Bell

welcome to our forums Roger :)

you can relocate the installed folder very easy after setup completes, follow instructions here and you should be good to go in no time,

Roger mathez

Hello Chris

Thanks for help , so far no problem I can do so and I moved them into F:\Prepar3D v4\CreativeDesignStudios Folder.

But still I have the question why the installer which points to the Prepar3D goes into app local instead.

Can you modify the installer in the way that we can choose the install folder ??????

I don't like to have Software in the app data - local folder.

regards Roger  

• Like 1

Chris Bell

HI Roger,

the old way of installing into addon folder is no longer required or advised,

it is suggested in LM SDK guidelines to utilize users application folder instead for addons,

the placement we choose was is logical location from most users prospective,

from a professional standpoint we know that the user application folder is always gets backed up,
so the data will always get restored and keep our end user worry free,

our manager is very picky and relays on a particular location for its root folder as well in order to manage multiple regions,

from support prospective knowing were we are located and how things should be by default is also a factor when making that decision,

but we recognize the need to be able to relocate the folder we pre selected,

as such we provide our end users with a manual way to relocate our root folder,

Roger mathez

Hello Chris Thanks for response.

I have understand very well LM folder regime that should be basically the folder Prepar3D v4 Add-ons but if I install your

Nightenvironment software the installer is directed to the  Prepar3D v4 which is on my drive F but your installer

goes to C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\CreativeDesignStudios . In my opinion the not a good place and not according to the LM regime.

If I want to change the installer to go to an other place such as Prepar3D v4 Add-ons or an other preferred place,

I can not do so and thats my problem. Your Installer direction is fixed and therefore not changeable.

I have to copy the installation as you wrote you, manually to the preferred place.

Here in Europe most publisher does not follow the LM regime.  AS, SM MK-Studios, TropicalSims and many other's have their own regime to place their addons.

Only a few publisher and designer followas the LM regime.

Everybody wants to have their own garden. What kind of company politics.  

Your last sentence on last post is correct.

I am supporting many older simmer here in Europe and all of them are not able to install all the addons properly by themself because of the too many confusing

installer regimes used by the publisher.

Roger

Chris Bell

LM did away with the default Addon folder in Sim root,

we are aware of the current situation out there; at some point a line has to be drawn in the sand,

and thats what LM is attempting to do with their guidelines and SDK,

conformity is not a bad thing from our prospective,

many reputable publishers have been there for a long time before we were,

their installers carry their logic from the day they were created; it is not a simple task to change an installer logic,

many elect to make the most basic changes they must in order to continue with least resistance,

we have built our installer from the ground up; it is a custom coded installer framework,

and as such we defined our installer logic prior based on our views of best user experience,

there will always be individuals with special needs; for that reason we allow manual changes,

as you stated the old ways and even some of the new ways some publishers selected cause issues,

so fr there no issues with regards to the location we choose, there are no recovery issues,

our location selection proved to be right in most cases,

i urge you o search the forums in regards to issues with restoring, backing up, or location we install,

yes some may find this surprising; but we have spent allot of time making sure we are making the right decision on this one in particular!

you can uninstall and reinstall your Sim 100 times a day; it has no effect on our software,

restore your back up 100 times as well all of this will make no difference to you as an end user;

it will be seamless and worry free for you from that prospective,

and thats part of the user experience; most don't even realize this is happening,

nevertheless ... isn't that what its all about?

Roger mathez

Hello Chris

Thanks a lot for you clear  statement.

There is no problem to follow your install regime.

with Kind regards Roger

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this