Wopke

Night environment does not work at all

Wopke

Hi,

Today I purchased the Benelux night enviroment for Steam. Steam was showing a progress bar and installing something. After a while, it said both Benelux and the tool were installed. Great. Then I had a look at the manual. It said NE does not run by default. One has to start the tool to enable it. But how to start the tool? There is no start menu option in Windows for the tool. I searched my hard disk and found the tool somewhere in a Steam subdir. I doubleclicked on NightEnvironmentX_manager.Steam. It prompted me to download some missing Windows components, which I did. Then I started the program again, but it said: "ERROR: Region folder not found for selected region!
RegKey: Creative Design Studios\Night Environment - Benelux - STEAM
Filename: <  >".    However, there is a Steam Benelux Region.nexm file in the Regions folder. 

Bottom line: the installation is very confusing. Why do I have to start the tool from some obscure subdir? Why can I not start it from the Windows Start menu. And why does it not work?

Wopke 

Chris Bell

you need to contact Steam support, they build their installers we have no control over their install process directly!

try to uninstall and reinstall again; maybe a little glitch?

Wopke
10 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

you need to contact Steam support, they build their installers we have no control over their install process directly!

try to uninstall and reinstall again; maybe a little glitch?

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. I already tried reinstalling, but that did not resolve the problem. So I will contact Steam support. Just out of curiosity: what *is* the normal way to start the config tool?

• Like 1

Chris Bell

you should have a shortcut to it on your start menu!

HighBypass

Here's my example of NE British Isles:

NESTARTMENU.jpg

• Thanks 1

Guest Redirected to DTG
23 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Here's my example of NE British Isles:

NESTARTMENU.jpg

If only I was so lucky ;-) Submitted a ticket with Steam, but they redirect me to DTG. So now awaiting their reply (hopefully it's better than "contact content creator" ;-) )

Chris Bell

Steam and DTG are the same company,

Steam is a division of DTG (DoveTail Games)

Wopke

Hi Steve, are you not mixing up DTG (FSX, Train Sim) with Valve (Steam)?

• Like 1

Wopke

Hi, don't know why, but all of a sudden Steam started installing add-on content today. Still no shortcut to NE Util, but that is something that was easily resolved ;-) Spectacular effect, especially the cars with their beams

• Like 1