Black Marble

Chris Bell

• 2 weeks later...

Black Marble project is ready to go!

there are though other unrelated elements that require attention before we can move on to distribution,

most of these related to our back end distribution, CC processing and file hosting,

these should all come together in upcoming weeks! including new NE's ;)

• Like 3

Just got my new system up and running over the weekend so this will be a great addition!!  Looking forward to the release!

Eric

• Like 1

On 07/11/2016 at 3:40 AM, Chris Bell said:

Black Marble project is ready to go!

Fantastic news. Would you be able to provide a preliminary approximation of how large the download size would be?

• Like 1

Black Marble in its entirety is about 10GB installed!

thats including Worldwide roads data, Worldwide 3D bridges, and Worldwide Traffic data,

before anyone start with VAS questions, VAS usage is posted on earlier pages of this thread!

it is not a 10GB single folder containing data, the files are constructed and installed in Sim NATIVE file structure and format,

it is a seamless integration with minimal to no residual or side effects,

• Like 3

Thanks. So if I were to hazard a guess, we're looking at a potential end of November release? My birthday is 17th of November by the way. Not saying anything but you know what I mean, right? ;)

Thanks again for all the time you've taken out of your busy schedule to keep us apprised of the development phase, it looks like Black Marble will be yet another game-changer since 'Night Environment' series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i have to know what is it?

is there something in the air you all smell?  xD

how do you people know in advance? who told ? :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just good old guess work, probably. I thought it'd be November but that shows you how many guesses are incorrect before we end up getting at least one right. Haha, so what is it that you can update us on? I've been trying out XP11 beta and the night lighting in it makes me really crave a decent solution for P3D. Give us something to drool about, Chris!

Edited by krazyk
  • Like 1

we are working on replacing our old website along with our online direct shop,

these project are still under development atm, you can expect them to appear very soon :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

we are working on replacing our old website along with our online direct shop,

these project are still under development atm, you can expect them to appear very soon :)

I cannot wait for this one. I really enjoy night flying at just about any altitude. But nothing kills the effect and immersion more than not having night lighting 'pop' in until you've reached 4000'. Even having night lights revealing themselves at 8, 9, or 10K feet would be a huge improvement. You guys are going to re-revolutionize my sim! Thank you for that!

• Like 2

This is probably one of the most anticipated releases of 2016 for me. Imagine flying around FlyTampa AMS with Black Marble lighting up your night. It brings one word to mind: AWESOME!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, krazyk said:

This is probably one of the most anticipated releases of 2016 for me. Imagine flying around FlyTampa AMS with Black Marble lighting up your night. It brings one word to mind: AWESOME!

Defiantly awesome that's what Chris's and his team are the best of. Although i am in doubt if it's going be a 2016 release sadly... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roi1862 said:

Although i am in doubt if it's going be a 2016 release sadly... 

Don't say that! In my head, I've already hyped this up so much that it's release is anything other than imminent for me. I'm one step away from Chris giving away some kind of hint and I respond with F5-ing the home page every minute. xD

• Like 1

20 hours ago, krazyk said:

For play with AMS you have NE Benelux available immediately... and Amsterdam area are fantastique by night ?

• Like 2

Just for pleasure... a pic from french astronaute in the orbital station. Thomas Pesquet 

France and on the top, Belgium by night... yes, the NE product are not exagered about night shiny 

IMG_20161209_015820.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, Chris ... I didn't know you were also in the ISS orbital currently at this time ... I understand why Black Marble are delayed ... :D

• Like 1