Black Marble

Chris Bell

Guest Rsvette12
15 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

that is the goal of this exercise ;)

when completed this will be part of Black Marble vector data!

Super Chris thanks Pal

• Like 1

to remove any doubt, here are latest VAS Test Results!

(before anyone asks why FSX, because it is the "lowest Sim" denominator on the market atm,

FSXSE or P3D are expected to perform much better than this! Test were also conducted on a very low end, mobile station! (all Spec’s show below))

to get our baseline we first test FSX Default,

(setting are shown below and were the same in all tests, in slew mode unpaused)

Default.Sim.jpg

Next we Installed Black Marble with our Night Textures,

BlackMarble.Sim.VAS2.jpg

here we went for the holy grail everyone waiting to see :)

here it is... Black Marble fully loaded with our NEW 2016, Native, Worldwide Road Network with Extended Vector Data!!!

BlackMarble.Sim.jpg

Settings

Settings.jpg

• Like 1

now... not the last set of pics aren't impressive enough, here are few to totally blow everyone's minds B|
(same exact testing conditions as described above)

Black Marble VAS Test with lights ON - with Native Vector data (over 4.5 LOD Radius (Max Default slider) with default settings)

BlackMarble.Sim.VAS4.jpg

Black Marble VAS Test with lights ON - with Extended Vector data (over 4.5 LOD Radius (Max Default slider) with default settings)

BlackMarble.Sim.VAS5.jpg

to conclude this test results,

Highest usage - Black Marble with Extended Vector data and Lights ON          VAS as tested: 1,361,488 K
                                                                                                                                    -

Lowest Usage - Default Sim data with Lights OFF                                                VAS as tested: 1,281,424 K
                                                                                                                                   ---------------------------------------

Total added VAS - Black Marble with Extended Vector data and Lights ON       =                            80,064 K

• Like 3

Thank you Holgi :x
its easy when you have bit of the Creative Design Studio's spice ;)

• Like 1

Hey Chris!  Looks amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on it once my computer is finished.  Any chance we could see a screenshot of downtown Chicago facing south?  

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1

Thank you Rob :x

welcome to our forums!

Downtown Chicago facing South :)

KMDW.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks Chris!  That's definitely one of the most realistic photos I've ever seen in a flight sim!  Looks almost exactly like the real thing and I fly into ORD all the time!  Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

YVW Rob :)

this is default Sim with Black Marble textures and extended vector data, worldwide coverage at full density!

shown with "out of the box" settings which you can further adjust to your specific liking, you can change everything anyway you like,

we didn't  shave or trimmed any data out, every road is there to help form a very realistic grid that is not far from real world,

as much as you can drive through a landclass based system in a worldwide scale; i think we did ok there ;)

• Like 1

Fabulous pictures, Chris! I'm itching to get Black Marble into my sim. Hope we're not far from that day. Thanks again and keep those screenshots coming!

• Like 1

Thank you Karan :x
just few short weeks away from making Black Marvel (pun intended :D) available,
we are hard at work completing some really cool NEW elements to Black Marble data set,
very exciting elements never seen before in Sim, any day now i should have new screenshot for everyone,

On 02/07/2016 at 5:25 PM, Chris Bell said:

we are hard at work completing some really cool NEW elements to Black Marble data set,
very exciting elements never seen before in Sim, any day now i should have new screenshot for everyone,

You now have my attention! Look forward to hearing more about the new elements and those lovely screenshots.

• Like 1

i know Roi :)

i promise you we are working round the clock!

there is an element i insist on including; it is worldwide 3D bridges with all the complexity involved,
levels, internal cross connectivity, with proper day and night lighting, the whole package!

as simple as it may sound it is not easy task; it is actually more complex then any other element we worked on in this project,

first... this is worldwide! bridges don't just cross from one side of the pond to the other in a straight line,

today we have extremely complex bridges and intersections as shown with Prince Clausplein Bridge example

Sim Default

Default.jpg

roughly where we are today (this is about a week old snapshot),

pimgpsh.jpg

Real World location and views
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.0625454,4.3765103,14z?hl=en

Bridge-levels.jpg

• Like 2

Chris, How is it going? I am as usual very interested in Black Marble or Marvel as i agree to call it.

I would very much like to return to the subject of compatibility of Marble with FTX Vector (roads influence) and the also upcoming FTX release of OLN NA which will include vastly improved night lighting.

You may be aware of these 2 aspects and want to know if they will clash in any way? I have vector already and will definitely be buying the OLC NA. I also want to support you and buy Marble but need to be convinced that there will be ways to ensure I can use all the products including Marble. You state that there are various options to enable/disable within Marble and seek clarity please. 

For example I currently do not use the Roads enabled option in FTX Vector, so I am assuming that Marble would therefore control the roads input in the sim.

I am using NE lights for many areas as you know (11 in total) and currently have no problem or clash with the current FTX Global Lights as NE over rides them in areas applicable, but the new FTX lighting to appear in OLC NA may be a different issue. 

I fully understand that Marble is not being developed with 3rd party developers in mind, but many of us simmers do have loads of very good orbx sceneries and it would be prudent would it not,  to at least ensure certain compatibility with their products considering the volume of simmers who use their addons. It is these same people who would be interested in Marble.

I guess I am looking for you to provide some kind of example as to how marble would be made to be totally compatible with FTX items either generally or via utilising certain Marble on/off options, just to make me feel that i will definitely not have to use either Marble only or FTX only, as this is not an option I would like to use.

Sorry for being long winded in this post but financial outlay is a serious consideration for me and I want to support you as i have in the past as much as possible.

• Like 1

Thank you JJ,

that was sweet of you to say :x ,also a fair question,

generally speaking; you can and should expect similar integration NE brings in with 3rd party!

since we are both under development our products are not readily available for testing on both ends yet,

when i said we don't develop with any 3rd part developer in mind; this shouldn't translate as incompatibility with 3rd party products, or that our technology contradict each others;

we do not compete with ORBX or any developer out there, we do not block any 3rd party developers work with our work!

as long as you choose to go with an established reputable developer who offers proper support...

even in the worst case scenario of an issue coming up later on; it will get resolved promptly,

all reputable developers work in compliance with platform's SDK; there is no compliance issues what so ever between our work or other products,

when i say we don't develop with any third party products in mind means... we start with a blank default Sim platform with no addons pre installed,
we don't include any 3rd party addons as part of the development platform;

complying with platforms SDK assure everyone that each-others work can mix and run together with no issues,

we do not overwrite or delete any existing files or Sim data, we simply enhance the data already included,
many developers work is considered private until made public; though we do not complete with each other we also don't share our developments prior,

it is not an item

though the data we include can be shared between application; we have not yet evolve to this level of trust just yet,

it should be noted that a similar topic was brought up and discussed in private between John and myself not too long ago,

OK I understand that you are not in a position to clarify explicitly at this juncture, but you don't see incompatibility as a potential problem. I was only wondering as I want to ensure compatibility as a fully functioning addon that will allow also the full functionality of a particular 3rd party's addons.

• Like 1

its not that im not in a position to clarifying or im trying to hide anything, there was no specific question asked!

since this is data we each add; i don't see any compatibility issues, just as you can mix UTX with FTX or any other regional vector products!

these two above for example have their own vector data; you select which data set you want to use from each application,

don't get me wrong; we are very much aware of all these existing applications! we all used one or the other at some point,

(i understand you are invested in these lines) still there is really nothing special to consider for these applications,

not everyone uses these applications! these are separate standalone applications, and so is Black Marble!

we don't count on anyone's data and we don't utilize anyone's data but our own,

if you are still unsure; i suggest  to revisit this question in a later stage when we go to beta testing,

unless you have some specific example you wonder about! i don't see any issue either way you look at it,

Honestly, in theory there should be no issues, especially now that Chris has confirmed he is modeling bridges.  I imagine one could simply turn off roads and bridges in FTX Vector and then use Chris's dataset.  As far as I know, Black Marble will only have lights where there are roads.  Should not affect each other at all as long as one selects the appropriate settings within each program.

Keep up the good work Chris!  Looking forward to more screens.

Regards,

Rob

• Like 1

Thank you Rob  :)

on top we will deliver Black Marble with extremely powerful controls coupled with architectural modularity unlike anything seen before,

you have controls down to which road class to turn on or off; including selecting which road class to add traffic to, and so much more!