Black Marble

Chris Bell

5 hours ago, ManuelB said:

Oh, Chris ... I didn't know you were also in the ISS orbital currently at this time ... I understand why Black Marble are delayed ... :D

lmao g1 :D

we had to get new sources somehow!

do you see the length we go to for you guys xD

• Like 2

So first lets disperse some myths

Night Environment is alive and Kicking!

Everyone will see new NE region coming out soon!

Black Marble as well as Blue Marble are ready!!!

They are not in development stages and have been finalized!

The delays do not steam from development issues what so ever,

Alongside becoming an independent publishers and our new websites,

we are working on a distribution infrastructure of our own to back up our direct shop!

That is what is delaying us from publishing at the moment,

We will maintain our relationships with all our existing partners!

Only we will be controlling distribution of our titles directly!

You can be sure we have many new innovative projects to bring to our community,

It is critical and imperative that we establish and control our own file distribution directly and independently before we publish our new titles!

To conclude technical back-end issues are the cause for delaying us, unrelated to product development!

Hope you have a smooth roll-out of the new website, swift release of all the marbles as well NE updates. I'll keep checking in from time to time but it'll most likely only be after the release of Black Marble so here's wishing you and all other readers; a very happy holiday and a remarkable end to this year, cheers!

• Like 2

On 12/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, Chris Bell said:

So first lets disperse some myths

Night Environment is alive and Kicking!

Everyone will see new NE region coming out soon!

Black Marble as well as Blue Marble are ready!!!

They are not in development stages and have been finalized!

The delays do not steam from development issues what so ever,

Alongside becoming an independent publishers and our new websites,

we are working on a distribution infrastructure of our own to back up our direct shop!

That is what is delaying us from publishing at the moment,

We will maintain our relationships with all our existing partners!

Only we will be controlling distribution of our titles directly!

You can be sure we have many new innovative projects to bring to our community,

It is critical and imperative that we establish and control our own file distribution directly and independently before we publish our new titles!

To conclude technical back-end issues are the cause for delaying us, unrelated to product development!

Way to go Chris ! No more middle man's and forever to release new updates.

• Like 2

Congratulations on completing the software. I'm looking forward to both Black and Blue Marbles. Have the funds budgeted (drumming my fingers on the desk).

But do the business side of things right. Maintain complete artistic control. And make sure that you get the biggest slice of the financial pie. Granted, software like this has to be a labor of love, but by the same token, it has to be financially rewarding, as well. If it can't fund a vacation or two, a larger apartment/house, and bank account that has a growing surplus, you might as well open a bar on a beach somewhere.

• Like 1

this is first and foremost a labor of love, it is a prerequisite requirement for every team member!

i promise this will not empty anyone's budget; beside Blue is already free for all you guys ;)

• Like 1

Hi Chris 

Your Marble collection is one of my most anticipated releases and has been for some time.  Do you forsee your distribution solutions being completed this side of 2017?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Chris, hope you had a great start to the year. Kind of a redundant question but is there any progress report you'd like to share with us regarding Black Marble?

Unrelated: Why is it that when you're excited for something, a day seems like a year? Haha

• Like 1

whats up K :)

it is OK to get excited, im like a lil kid also ;)

we are coming along as planned,

our main focus atm is to bring our shop online and setup for distribution,

our goal is to open our shop for distribution this February,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

whats up K :)

it is OK to get excited, im like a lil kid also ;)

we are coming along as planned,

Great news Chris, I have really been looking forward to Black Marble.  Can you show us any more teaser shots...maybe a shot of the Baltimore/DC area??:D

Thanks for responding, Chris. Great to hear that everything is going as planned. Only a few short weeks until February so I guess I can wait a little longer but I have to say, you're making it extremely difficult having already told us what an exquisite piece of software this will be!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2017 at 10:00, Chris Bell said:

Countdown ... just again 21 days in February ... 
Remember, there is one year you are use the words " soon " " Stay tuned " ... ( Finaly, I think looking for Taburet product :( ),  You play a little too much with our patience Chriss !!! 

• Like 1

Manuel,

there are many moving parts when making the move from a developer to a publisher!

we are working round the clock and our shop will open as promised!

Hi Chris,

Patiently waiting over here. I feel certain you're very keen to get things underway to finally get some reward for your hard work and will launch when the time is right. There will be plenty of folks criticising whatever you do, might as well go for gold.

Good luck with the launch, when the right time comes.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Thank you Dave,

i know you guys are waiting patiently; i personally feel the pressure as we approach opening day (which was ideally suppose to be yesterday!),

we are still a small studio compared to some more established publishers out there, it is overwhelming to say the least!

nonetheless we are not afraid of hard work and we spare noting establishing our new shop and our new publisher status,

it takes allot more then initially anticipated; everything is custom build from the ground up,

developing the shop with additional 5 web sites, it was one thing to build over 70 new installers (we also build the installer wrapper program itself from the ground up!),

live update server (also in house custom build), file hosting services, secure credit card processing,

all the while developing 5 separate product lines with central GUI manager,

we develop these with custom new technology we also develop in house!

believe it or not this is happening... we have huge projects depending on our ability to publish our own work!

we appreciate every single one of you guys been waiting patiently and supporting us from the start,

Blue Marble is a paid title we decided to gift all our registered forum members as our thank you for supporting us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a matter of interest Chris is Marble (Black in particular) all bgl files.? I want to know if will be 64 bit compatible. From what I gather most addons ( sceneries like Orbx etc) will be 64 bit OK as they are bgl files and that only dlls will be needed to be modified.

• Like 1

Night Environment, Black Marble, Blue Marble, and all our other projects are all 64bit compatible!

our manager is already 64bit compatible from day one; unless Prepar3D changes paths all our titles should be working flawlessly out of the box!

BTW: we are on Prepar3D beta testing team ;)

• Like 1

Hi Chris,

Thought I'd check in and see if you had some juicy details to share and boy, was I surprised! It's fantastic to know we're within the release week/month. I've gotta bookmark your new store URL immediately so I can start refreshing the minute you say, "It will be up today!". Please thank your entire team and of course that thanks extends to you too for all your dedication and hard-work, it is truly appreciated.

• Like 1