Black Marble

Chris Bell

i know some of you guys are waiting for a preview, i am working on it!

there are few more ends to tie before i can preview; it wont be long though!

i will add and say from our initial testing... it superseded our expectation; and that is an understatement!!!

anyone one reading the up coming preview post should sit down first! :)

• Like 1

its Dusk in Miami... right before the lights come on; you can see the grid perfectly, (overlooking KMIA)

Black Marble with Sim Default data

Default.jpg

Black Marble with added Native Vector data

Vector.jpg

...let it be lights :)

New York City

NYC.jpg

Miami (KMIA)

BlackMarble.Vector.jpg

Los Angeles (KLAX)

LAX.jpg

Paris (LFPG)

charles de gaulle.jpg

London (EGLL)

Heathrow.jpg

Frankfurt (EDDF)

frankfurt.jpg

Shenzhen

Shenzhen.jpg

Hong-Kong

Hong-Kong2.jpg

Hong-Kong1.jpg

(Kai-Tak)

Kai-Tak.jpg

Melbourne

Melburn.jpg

one by request

Mexico City International Airport (MMMX)

Mexico.City.International.Airport.jpg

Los Angeles area top view

LAX.top.jpg

• Like 1

Looks very good but alas, the VAS monster looks like he may arise with this and strike us all with his OOM's. I know having the lesser, secondary roads on with Orbx Vector when using high end 3rd party scenery and PMDG level planes make OOM's frequent.

• Like 1

everything uses VAS; its the fine art of managing your environment,

in some places i can run full sliders with 100% traffic; in more dense areas the same settings could restrict other addons,

this will vary depends on your specific environment; in either case we give the controls to decide what you want to activate or not!

• Like 1

Chris you killing us softly. Looks great !

Does it looks like we finally going to have glow from big cities ?

Edited by Roi1862
  • Like 1

14 Roads Class, Traffic, Lights, Colors, Twinkle,

its all there my friend as you can see with your own eyes :)

hi chris,

really nice ! just can't wait for the release...But !!!! I don't know if it's too late to say ? Can you provide us within BM a "profile tool" ?

it would be nice if we could make profiles inside BM...so we can with a single key stroke choose a particular setting of lights, cars or roads....for

a typical flight : vfr, ifr , day, night, GA ,jets, heavy jets, regional, intercontinental and international.

I hope that the new NEMX will give us the possibility to set a global setting per continent and then per country and then particular settings for the closed areas

of departures and arrivals. I know ! it's easy to say ! it was just an idea !

I don't know if you thought about this...but a kind of profiler and tweaker will be great.

thanks.

• Like 1

@lebr1

ooh.. trust me there is an advance manager to go with Black Marble!

we initially wanted to make this an integral part of NEXM like any NE region;

only there are literally thousands of options atm that just wont fit in NEXM GUI,

we are designing a new GUI just for Black Marble that can accommodate all the options,

technically its possible to do what you suggested,

i could be wrong... i don't think anyone would be interested in a global product that needs per continent attention!?

in the images you see few post above;  is a single set of configuration shown from different places around the world;

anything odd there that you see or want to set differently?

FYI side note: all DOT (Department Of Transportation) around the world use the same exact basic guidelines for road network lighting,

some countries may have 60m gap or 50m gap regulation for (as an example)  motorways; which is a negligible difference to segment for,

thanks chris,

But what do you say about the idea of  making profiles ?

eg : 1 profiles for low altitude , 1 profile for high altitude, 1 for heavy jets like pmdg....

so we do not need to reset many options from 1 flight to another...I am sure there will be plenty of parameters if you say so !

Was jut an idea.

thanks.

• Like 1

YVW Iebr

you will get Black Marble with 3 built in profiles to choose from as your starting point,

from there on you can crate as many profiles as you'd like with any setting you choose to save in each :)

you can setup a high or low profile, light or heavy, or your own custom profile for flying the Spanish region in particular ;)

Black Marble to Flight Sim is like a brush to a plain canvas, with some colors we give you to play with the options are endless,

you can choose from so many variables and settings it is staggering to the point that we decided to limit the amount data one can generate (otherwise its unlimited)

yes you generate your own night anyway you like it; you want more white... you can! you want some pink or blue in your lights mixture... you can! and so much more!

when we are ready we will show the new manager so everyone can see the potential embedded in the new manager, 

Wow the the light placements are amazing - stunning work :)  cant wait for this bad boy  :) thanks for sharing Chris

• Like 1

Guest twharrell

Chris,

This looks very nice, but one question: will BM work if I don't own any of your other Night Environment sceneries?

Keep up the good work.

Todd

• Like 1

Thank you Todd,

Black Marble is separate of Night Environment product line,

they work interdependently of each other; or seamlessly with each other! :)

hi chris !:D!

Now i have water in my mouth ! Summer is closed now...can't wait...can we hope for this summer ?

i really hope that aerosoft won't make us wait too long on this...any way, i will buy it.

Another question comes to my mind : these sceneries made by DD don't blend in with the NE products, is there a way you can

arrange a way with DD TO OVERCOME this issue ? OR , may be with BM it will work fine now...did you try ? He has done a great job ( miami, varsaw and NY city...),

it will be very sad if this situation is not resolved. we can "live" with this problem but...

well, well, well...A little trailer will be very welcome !

• Like 1

Hi lebr :D

we are working on the Manager GUI at the moment and Vector expansion data,

as you see the pics above Black Marble application framework is ready and working!

a trailer is in the making!

(all DD needs to do is split his day and night PR! there's not much i can do, this is simple simple task too!)

Edited by Chris Bell

Can you post some shots overflying a city from say FL350? Reason being right now with FTXG installed with Vector from Orbx I don't get any of that luminescence, i.e, that orange glow from the sodium lights, whilst overflying cities. FTXG has amazing day textures but way to dark night texture files. I understand that the default P3D night texture files are much better but I can't have both. I am hoping this product will give me what I am looking for while not overdoing it VAS-wise. 

Secondly, will this program be able to be run alongside Orbx Vector product at the same time? Thank you

• Like 1

from that altitude you don't see lights either in real life, it is only the splash that you see at that point,

in the pic lineup above you can find a top down view from well above FL350 looking down at Los Angeles area,

Black Marble will be able to run with any and all existing addon's!

i wasn't sure i wanted to preview an incomplete feature yet; but this is not too far off (but still under development!),

our worldwide bridges coming to life in full 3D formation with crisscrossing levels as we envisioned this feature :)

Prins Clausplein Bridge
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.0625454,4.3765103,14z?hl=en

Bridge-levels.jpg

Prins.Clausplein.Bridge.1.jpg

• Like 1

Las Vegas, Nevada  (McCarran International Airport - KLAS)

Vegas.1.jpg

Vegas.2.jpg

Vegas.3.jpg

Vegas.4.jpg

Vegas.5.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/24/2016 at 5:45 PM, Chris Bell said:

i wasn't sure i wanted to preview an incomplete feature yet; but this is not too far off (but still under development!),

our worldwide bridges coming to life in full 3D formation with crisscrossing levels as we envisioned this feature :)

Prins Clausplein Bridge
https://www.google.com/maps/@52.0625454,4.3765103,14z?hl=en

Bridge-levels.jpg

Prins.Clausplein.Bridge.1.jpg

Holy crap thats looking great - is that part of Marble ? wonderful 

• Like 1

that is the goal of this exercise ;)

when completed this will be part of Black Marble vector data!

• Like 1