Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

...no lights.... ??

+HighBypass    41
HighBypass

I'm disappointed, Chris - no Black Marble here.... :(:(

Then again, Black Marble only works where there are actual roads! I'll let you and your team off!! :P:D 

Have a look for Station Nord at the north eastern tip of Greenland. It's a pretty desolate place.

2017-9-11_23-35-44-983.jpg

I have to say Blue Marble works very well - the area near the aircraft is an elongated oval rather than a circle, so the Blue Marble textures are very close at latitudes near the Pole:

2017-9-11_23-52-34-369.jpg

Cheers!

• Haha 1

+Chris Bell    638
Chris Bell

good one Mark xD

i don't believe there are any documented roads out there or we would have rendered them!

our process for rendering data is very much blind as of location, we go through the entire globe each time looking for matching features to our filters,

it is unlikely you are looking at a public road we missed ;)

• Thanks 1

+HighBypass    41
HighBypass

Cheers! Thought that one would get ya!!

I firmly believe that if there was a documented road then Vector would have rendered it (using default sim data isn't really a comparison, but as you know, I only have Base)

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    638
Chris Bell

aahh... i forgot you're with Base only (at the moment! ;) )

you can always take a look at google earth, if you see roads there you can expect BMV to show you those in Sim!

Base is limited to existing data; my first thought when i run Black Marble for the first time...

it looks fantastic; but without all the roads i wasn't getting the right "light foot print",

that spawn Black Marble Vector in the first place,

Mastering Base is the right path, you get to master the application even in its simplicity it is still an extremely robust application with profound results,

Vector brings in allot more into the mix which can get confusing for some to grasp the full application potential,

for you the transition will easier; mountain of data with allot more options; yet you'd still feel right at home,

• Thanks 1