signmanbob

Where Do I Find My Downloads?

signmanbob

Hello,

I just went shopping at your store.  Where can I find my downloads?  I don't see any links on the emails, or any place on my account settings, where they might normally be.

Thank you,

Bob

• Like 1

signmanbob

Never mind.  I found them under "Manage Purchases"

I knew as soon as I asked, it would become obvious. O.o

Thank you,

Bob

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Thank you for your much appreciate businesses Bob,

glad you got it sorted out on your own :x

signmanbob

You're welcome Chris.  I look forward to getting everything installed and trying it out.

I'll be getting a lot more stuff before I'm through shopping. :)

Bob

Edited by signmanbob
  • Thanks 1

Guest Sean

I purchased Real Florida Env back in 2015 where can I download the update for P3dv4?

Thanks in advance

Sean

01pewterz28
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 5:03 AM, Chris Bell said:

hi Sean, welcome to our forums :)
i don't believe you have purchased from us yet,

are you referring to Night Environment Florida?

you should read it will answer some of your questions; the rest ill be happy to clarify for you,
https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/318-new-shop-questions/?do=findComment&comment=3279

Sorry not you directly but I purchased NE Florida from the Aerosoft shop. I am still confused as to any updates. I can provide a snap shot of my S/N, order, ect.. directly from Aerosoft.

let me know

Chris Bell

it is a sensitive situation and we are caught in the middle,
Ive read that people believe Aerosoft ditched us because we are horrible and greedy people,

the truth is far from it; but i wont attest for what we did there are allot of people around us who can attest,

we planned on venturing to our own shop almost two years ago; it was a long and expensive process,

the reason is simple; while we in full swing producing NE titles we were told one day to stop making new titles,

just what every developer wants to hear; stop creating we don't want anymore go find a new job,

all the while there are many people out there asking for new regions and new titles,

competitors copying our work while we cannot do anything about since we gave our publisher exclusivity for the product line!

then the updates we delivered stayed on the shelf, month after month we deliver updates but they remain untouched by our former publisher,

we asked repetitively to update our titles but were simply ignored,

eventually we were given a choice after pleading for almost a year to have our titles updated if we paid for our publisher time to do it for us for roughly 3600EUR,

mind you this all this time our publisher is collecting full fees from us to cover updates, manuals, installers etc... but none were delivered!

before our original work diminishes completely; Ive invested all my personal earning into what you see today,

i did this so our creativity wont be stifled and our community can continue enjoying quality products delivered direct without the middle man manipulating purely for profit,

we learned over time what the industry issues are and created a system that solves this problem,

no more free updates from certain publisher who uses this tactics to promote himself on the expenses of the small developers,

they turn around and hand out free software so they can continue selling to happy customers who got free updates over and over;

while the small developer is drowning!

why no updates? there were updates they just never published them, you should ask them why no updates when they had them all along?!

i guarantee you will not be answered or given a proper answer to that question!

the new publishing company cannot assume responsibility for what our former publisher promised and never delivered,

this is why so many of their customers are waiting on updates that will never come!

with our new system there is no maybe; or a waiting list!

you pay for updates and you get them on time!
we lowered our prices so we can split off updates cost,

there is no ambiguity as for who is responsible for what and for how long!

you paid for updates services and by GOD you shall receive them on time!

now if you don't care for updates and just want to save few bucks; its cool with us!

there should be no complaining in that case; everything is on the table straight up!

understand that none of you actually pays for the time and efforts we put into our work and software,

we count on many of you buying our work at a fraction cost and cumulatively we get compensated this way,

without our community support there will be no new developments; if you guys think we don't work hard... think again!

most you guys/gals work ends in the afternoon; you go home to your wife and kids,

we are here 24/7! our work doesn't end; i personally pull 22+ hour days supporting you guys, thats without developing!

we don't work with a local region; we serve people from every part of the world, when you go to sleep someone else on the other side of the world just woke up!

he needs support and doesn't care much that we are on a completely different timezone; im not complaining and think it is completely within his rights!

and thats why we are here 24/7; you each pay $5 for two years to help us help you all!

we gave our publisher the option to pass this to their existing customers; our new work at 50% discount, i think you know what the outcome was!

since 50% discount doesn't benefit them financially; they refused benefiting their customers in this case!

the cost of our new titles with two years support is still cheaper than what they were selling our old titles for!

it is new! we added allot more features! and we plan on adding more features and updates to support platform developer changes,

sorry about this long winded rant; but its at a point of overflow,

we are not bad greedy people; we just want to create work people use and enjoy every aspect of it!

all this BS is just what it is BS!

most have no clue whats happening behind the scenes!

• Thanks 1

signmanbob
3 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

we are not bad greedy people; we just want to create work people use and enjoy every aspect of it!

Chris, I believe you are doing absolutely the right thing. You make an investment to get your investment back and create profit. You have to have a business model that works for  you to be here for your customers for the long term.  You know what that model needs to look like.  It has nothing at all to do with "greed". If a business can't consistently create profit, it won't be here to serve for very long and your customers will loose because we won't be able to purchase new products, get updates or get support.

We see some very fine flight sim development companies like RealAir and Earth Simulations (God bless them), go out of business for one reason or the other, but the bottom line is that their customers loose all of the support for those fine products that were purchased, and we are all left out in the cold without support or updates.

There is no apology needed for a business owner who takes his company in a new direction that he feels is needed for its survival.  On the contrary, I commend you.  You have a beautiful website that is well put together and some great and very needed products. (note:  I still feel you could do a little better job in describing what exactly "Blue Marble" is and even show some before/after screenshots on the web page. 9_9... just an opinion.)

In the past, I have also purchased Night Environment from Aerosoft and Simmarket, but I have no problem whats-so-ever in re-purchasing those areas from your new store that has a business model that will hopefully carry the product line, with great support, well into the future.

Well, now that I've spoken,  I'll get back to playing with the settings on Black Marble :D.  I believe I may be starting to get a grasp of it.

• Thanks 2

Chris Bell

Thank you Bob :x

we offered and still stand behind our 50% discount for all Aerosoft customers upgrading their NE to v4 regardless of who responsibility it was!

all returning customers received another bonus of 50% discount on any titles they didn't own and ad to their cart!

someone (not us) didn't care that much about it to even pretend to try to make it happen,

we got a list of keys with no emails or customer names to match and were told there we helped!

their customers coming her uninformed angry at as; when we did everything we could for them; they just don't know it!

and someone has an interest for them not to know any of this! (they could lose their customers!)

then they didn't like our support model because we didn't provide multi platform installers and we split support costs,

we were called outlaw for doing this, and the rumor spread that we charge extra for support now,

instead of we lowered our prices so you can say i PAID for support where's my  GTDM update! -_-

than we explained that it makes no sense to create multi installer; here's why...

you have a an issue you need to fix for a guy from China who's having some character issues,

you find out later; ts been fixed and posted for customers to download,

we pay for bandwidth and we provide support right?

lets say we have 100 customers from  China with similar issue,

they all need this update and they are all on SE platform,

in reality what will happen is, everyone will uninstall; download the new build and reinstall,

they don't care it was just a character issue for few customers from China,

10 thousand customers will download and install; now you want to tell me there will be no technical issues from the other 9900 unrelated customers?

not to mention 10000 downloads we have to pay for in bandwidth cost!

our titles are in GB's; its uncalled for and resource wasteful,

with the updates issue we faced from the inside on our own flesh!

but there was nothing we could do; customer came to us because we wanted to do our support because NE was so new and out of the box, we were the only ones who could guarantee proper support; so we did, not because we had to (contractual is was Aerosoft responsibility, but it was long before we understood we need to support our product directly!); because we care! we want to see people enjoy our work not just sold for the sake of selling software,

this industry is mainly constructed from people who do what they do from passion; not the money in this particular industry,

i don't respond but i do see all the comments on AVSIM from ignorant people who have no clue!

most of them never even heard of us or said my name a week before Black Marble was released,

now they all talk as if they know me for years when i have no clue who these people are or where they get their information from,

it does take the wind out of ones sails when you give from a place of passion and have to hear this BS gossip that has not a single pin in reality,

i do know one thing with no doubt!

no one brought it in years now, everyone mostly do the safe development,

who cane out with Night Environment like no one had ever seen before?

who turned everyone now to fly at night like champs?

from day one we brought nothing less then revolutionary addons!

from the lowest sardine (taboert) to the biggest fish in the pond ORBX!

we don't imitate; we get imitated by others!

• Thanks 1

signmanbob

I wouldn't let it concern you too much Chris.  After you have been giving your excellent support and keeping your software up-to-date for a period of time, the rest will be forgotten.  Aerosoft cannot damage your program as long as you are consistent with quality and service.

I always say that "cream" rises to the top and the "crud" falls to the bottom. (Not saying at all, that Aerosoft is "crud", just the false claims and rumors that are fabricated about you from frustrated customers that don't have a grasp on how good this will be for everyone).

Like I said, I believe that you have made a great move by going independent with your line of products. 

I believe that you will make night flying in the simulators an addiction.  

• Thanks 2

01pewterz28
21 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

Thank you Bob :x

we offered and still stand behind our 50% discount for all Aerosoft customers upgrading their NE to v4 regardless of who responsibility it was!

all returning customers received another bonus of 50% discount on any titles they didn't own and ad to their cart!

someone (not us) didn't care that much about it to even pretend to try to make it happen,

we got a list of keys with no emails or customer names to match and were told there we helped!

their customers coming her uninformed angry at as; when we did everything we could for them; they just don't know it!

and someone has an interest for them not to know any of this! (they could lose their customers!)

then they didn't like our support model because we didn't provide multi platform installers and we split support costs,

we were called outlaw for doing this, and the rumor spread that we charge extra for support now,

instead of we lowered our prices so you can say i PAID for support where's my  GTDM update! -_-

than we explained that it makes no sense to create multi installer; here's why...

you have a an issue you need to fix for a guy from China who's having some character issues,

you find out later; ts been fixed and posted for customers to download,

we pay for bandwidth and we provide support right?

lets say we have 100 customers from  China with similar issue,

they all need this update and they are all on SE platform,

in reality what will happen is, everyone will uninstall; download the new build and reinstall,

they don't care it was just a character issue for few customers from China,

10 thousand customers will download and install; now you want to tell me there will be no technical issues from the other 9900 unrelated customers?

not to mention 10000 downloads we have to pay for in bandwidth cost!

our titles are in GB's; its uncalled for and resource wasteful,

with the updates issue we faced from the inside on our own flesh!

but there was nothing we could do; customer came to us because we wanted to do our support because NE was so new and out of the box, we were the only ones who could guarantee proper support; so we did, not because we had to (contractual is was Aerosoft responsibility, but it was long before we understood we need to support our product directly!); because we care! we want to see people enjoy our work not just sold for the sake of selling software,

this industry is mainly constructed from people who do what they do from passion; not the money in this particular industry,

i don't respond but i do see all the comments on AVSIM from ignorant people who have no clue!

most of them never even heard of us or said my name a week before Black Marble was released,

now they all talk as if they know me for years when i have no clue who these people are or where they get their information from,

it does take the wind out of ones sails when you give from a place of passion and have to hear this BS gossip that has not a single pin in reality,

i do know one thing with no doubt!

no one brought it in years now, everyone mostly do the safe development,

who cane out with Night Environment like no one had ever seen before?

who turned everyone now to fly at night like champs?

from day one we brought nothing less then revolutionary addons!

from the lowest sardine (taboert) to the biggest fish in the pond ORBX!

we don't imitate; we get imitated by others!

Thanks for the update I understand while not the outcome most of us wanted I do understand and I will purchase a question if we want to purchase BM and some of the other items like traffic and support would we get the 50% off on that (just asking) if so how do we go about that once we are at checkout.

Thanks

Sean

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Hi Sean,

it is not the outcome none of us was expecting or happy about!
the 50% discount offer is for NE product line only; for existing Aerosoft customers!

it is a one time offer while you checkout after upgrading to 1.8 from previous version,

if you are staying with your existing platform and you are not looking to move to P3Dv4;

we will update your title for the cost of support program only!

we had a 25% pre release discount promo for Black Marble and all packs,

we will have promo's again in the future!

• Thanks 1

01pewterz28
18 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

Hi Sean,

it is not the outcome none of us was expecting or happy about!
the 50% discount offer is for NE product line only; for existing Aerosoft customers!

it is a one time offer while you checkout after upgrading to 1.8 from previous version,

if you are staying with your existing platform and you are not looking to move to P3Dv4;

we will update your title for the cost of support program only!

we had a 25% pre release discount promo for Black Marble and all packs,

we will have promo's again in the future!

Thanks yea just moved over to P3Dv4 so I will hold off until you do the next sale.

thanks for the responses on this matter.

sean

• Like 1

kermitthebaron

Hello guys,  I know this might seem like a stupid Q, but where do I download from??? I have no links and I don't have "manage purchase" button????  Thanks a bunch, James

• Like 1

kermitthebaron

I found it, too       sorry

• Like 1