What Is The Support Subscription?

signmanbob

Hello,

Exactly what am I buying if I buy the 1 or 2 year "support" subscription.  

If I do not buy it, what will I be missing out on?

Thank you,

Bob

welcome to our forums Bob :)
you are buying support and extended live update services as described here...
by default we give 3 months of that for free with each title, beyond the three month is where our support policy kicks in,
we will back every publisher changes or updated needed for the duration of our service agreement,
its a very small fee we charge (when elected) to help us maintain our services in the long run,

i know may are used to Aerosoft format;

we had the option to include this in the price up front and not make this an option,
but we want to help our customers as much as we can; sometime we can help more sometimes less,

it all contributes in the long to help s us help you by always being here in the long haul,

we don't overcharge our titles; they priced very modestly (i urge you to compare); and we don't charge your transaction Tax fees as most do!
the separate support option is a modular option when one needs to cut corners little further (life happens!),
every one of us here is a simmer by heart first; we understand! this is our way of showing you all...

we go the extra mile for everyone of you!

Thank you Chris.

I appreciate you explaining this support thing.  I can see that it makes sense, but, respectfully, I believe that your customers would be better served, in the long run, by including it in the price. I know many professionally targeted software products charge for support, but flight sim hobbyist have, through out the years, come to expect support and updates included for products that they purchase.

Many who do not purchase the service contract will get very upset and angry when you tell them that you cannot help or support them with your product or even give them any updates for the  purchase that they already paid a considerable price for,  because they didn't opt into the service contract when they checked out.  It sounds to me like it will bring you more problems than not, and you may even feel obligated to provide support and updates just to maintain happy customers, even though they didn't opt into it, just to keep them from getting on public forums with angry posts about their purchase from you. I've seen this kind of thing many times on Avsim, etc.

I hope your not offended.  I'm just trying to be helpful.  I believe your product is going to do very good, but this subscription thing for support and updates is kind of a put-off that wouldn't be necessary if it was included in the price.

I own a business also, and I go a long way to keep my customers happy. It only takes one angry one to do a lot of damage.

Of course, I'm not telling you how to run your business.  I'm just giving you my view point as a buyer of payware products.  I wish you a very successful experience with your new company.

Thank you,

Bob

Edited by signmanbob
  • Like 1

Thank you Bob, we value every feedback ! :x
you have a valid point, we have no problem including a years worth of service in price!
its not like they cant include it; its pre-elected for them!
leave it to someone to find a reason to complain :$

Hello Chris,

I had another idea that might seem a little more attractive to you and your customers.  

Instead of charging "support" for each product individually, why don't you consider having an option to charge only one yearly fee for support that would cover all purchased products.  I believe that this would also encourage customers to buy more products when they are shopping.

Bob

10 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

leave it to someone to find a reason to complain :$

Customer will make a choice on their own, but when they are having problems and things are not working, even if it is their own fault, they will get frustrated and angry with the product and developer.  It is better to move yourself away from the cross-hairs as much as possible because they will want support for their purchase whether they paid for it or not.

An example is PMDG.  They give a lot of support for their aircraft, yet many people were getting angry because they purchased the FSX version and didn't get the big discount like those who purchased the P3D version, for the  new P3Dv4 release.

PMDG explained that they included the cost of the upgrade in the P3D version, not in the FSX version.

Pretty understandable, but still there were some angry customers that couldn't digest this concept.

Edited by signmanbob
  • Like 1

its a changing world with software becoming more and more integrated in our life's,

the preconception is since its not tangible goods there is no labor or efforts involved,

4 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

its a changing world with software becoming more and more integrated in our life's,

the preconception is since its not tangible goods there is no labor or efforts involved,

That's very true Chris.  Good luck with your new online store.  Keep lighting up the nights.:)

• Thanks 1