GoneMissed

"Include Product Support"

GoneMissed

Hi Chris,

Could you please explain the additional charges for product support? Is it as implied - that you do not provide support for the product for all legimate purchasers and only those who have paid an additional fee for this option?

Cheers,

Joe.

Chris Bell

Hi Joe,
we do provide a 3 months standard support with live updates for free with any purchase!
beyond that we do charge for continues updates and on going development,

others include that in their retail pricing in advance!
it is an option we left for the customer to choose,

you can read more here

self support off our forums is also free btw ;)

• Like 1

Chris Bell

you sound bit disappointed? :/

so 4.99 US $ for two year worth of support is too much?

how about $2.99 one year support?

maybe no support at all to save bit more in a pinch?

what you're neglecting to realize is that we give you this option to choose from!

others don't; they simply embed 2 year support in their price!

and charge you TAX for that on top, we don't!

no one works for free my friend, do you work for free?

GoneMissed

I won't be buying based off this alone. I don't need to name the countless other products offering continual support and updates that are of the same or greater scope than your own product.

I won't sit here and criticise because these are your own decisions as a business owner and software developer, I was asking only as I haven't seen this before in the flight sim world and wanted to be sure. The product looks great however out of principle I'll give this a miss and wish you best of luck.

Edited by GoneMissed

Chris Bell

to each company and their own policy,
we feel that our policy is fair considering the state of our industry,
the reality is many addons don't have proper updates; nor they are served on time!!!
there is a reason for that, ill explain more if you are interested,
maybe you will understand our policy and point of view better,

• Thanks 1

bhorv67

Seems every other add on I've bought for P3d includes updates as they're released (PMDG, Aerosoft, ORBX, FSDT, Flightbeam, Lockheed, etc..). These and every other developer's add on I own do not charge for future updates. I want to buy BM (really really wish you used Paypal), but charging for updates after an already high purchase price seems a bit much. 

• Like 1

Saldo
8 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

Seems every other add on I've bought for P3d includes updates as they're released (PMDG, Aerosoft, ORBX, FSDT, Flightbeam, Lockheed, etc..). These and every other developer's add on I own do not charge for future updates. I want to buy BM (really really wish you used Paypal), but charging for updates after an already high purchase price seems a bit much. 

No company releases updates for free. Future update work is always caculated in the price.

Because P3D is being updated on a regular base the product starting prices of many addons is way more expensive than for FSX based addons.

There is no such thing as a free ride in business....

Chris’ products are very good and he has an almost instant support.

regards, Gerard

NE%20Adam.jpg

Edited by Saldo
  • Like 1

Chris Bell

@bhorv67

that is a misconception, they all charge you for support!!!
the difference is none of those publishers gives you the option to perches without!

we simply didn't  included that in the main price; and allow our end user to choose,

since this is doing the exact opposite of our original intention we will shortly move from this format and fix support price in the addon costs,

bhorv67

Completely understand. My intention was not to debate. It's your decision as a company to decide how to charge. I have to decide as a consumer if this is right for me. 

Still wish you accepted Paypal - I think this is a missed opportunity. 

• Like 1

Chris Bell

i was explaining in case someone else has similar question,

honestly we thought it would be cool to offer this versatility to our end users;

as we know from experience; we cant all always spend the way we would like to,

as for PayPal it is an issue we are looking into,

as well as alternative payment option in the near future,

the issue with PayPal stems mainly from their policy which doesn't effect business outside the US,

to work with them i personally have to submit full access to my personal (family) bank account!!!

if one of you complain they will and have done that in the past over a 10$ delayed FEDEX delivery our bank account was frozen for two weeks!

our team members are mainly outside the US; but i am and registered as a business in CA,

the current processor we use is the right solutions most reputable business use;

they have the same if not higher security compliance,

we trust them handling our finances!

we do not hold any personal or sensitive information on any of our servers,

it is done exactly as it is done on PayPal only this is not PayPal and they try harder for us as they are not taken granted as PayPal is;

we get allot more proper and human service for our business in return, which is key in making this decision,

• Thanks 1

bhorv67

Thanks Chris - unfortunate how Paypal wants the merchant setup. I'm sure there are solutions as almost every other developer accepts Paypal for payment. Because I do use it quite a bit, I keep money in my Paypal account I use to pay for Sim Add-ons. Maybe you'll get it sorted soon. 

• Thanks 1

nandojoe

Hi Chris. Sometimes (3 in 3 months) I get a credit of 45,00 US Dollar in Paypal. Now I have 135,00 US Dollar that I would like to spend buying Black Marlbe (Base + Vector + Car pack).

I hope paypal be avaliable soon to buy at your shop.

Or if possible, please, make BM avaliable at Sim Market or some other related website! :)

Edited by nandojoe
Correction at 1st paragraph.
  • Like 1

Chris Bell

will do Joe!

we actually just completed our vendors API build, we will begin connecting with external vendors early 2018,

whenever you are ready to place your order; we will honor our current promo prices for you!

nandojoe

Thank you very much Chris!

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.