+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

we are working diligently on opening out shop, indeed Blue Marble will be available from our shop initially, but also out partners and friends shop!

when we open our shop shortly we will invite by email all our registered members to come and enjoy their free Blue Marble copy :)

• Like 3

+Morten    22
Morten

Ahh good to know about the email - have been checking here often in case I missed anything! :)

I hope that this also will be available on SimMarket - the most straight forward sim company I know of, and I know a lot! Easy transactions, no download restriction bull.. (in contrast to some other well known company..!), immediate email notification about updates and so on... 

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

good to see you Morten ;)

we are working on our own direct shop! direct download, and updated! no middle man!

surely we will make all out tiles avail with all our exiting vendors and their subsidiaries,

• Like 2

+masterhawk    5
masterhawk

Hi,

I'm looking forward to your Blue Marble Project.

One question:

Is it realistic to see the ground of the oceans with it ridges and so on? isn't the wate rjust blue and only near land with other colors?

Look here for example, inside the satelite image is no ground visible. It's an example from google and the maledives.

I can't imagine that I can see the tectonic cracks under water. maybe on  a absolut flat surface without any wave. But that won't be realsitc.

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by masterhawk

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

you are seeing the ground due to the method these were generated,

these are sat images and the technology use to generate them is not the same as of a regular camera,

it is the ground being sampled there through returning pulses that are then translated to surface elevation,

most likely these were generated combining several of these technologies like LiDar etc...

+masterhawk    5
masterhawk

Ok, I understand how this information is gathered. But, even in the default P3D we see a nice blue ocean. I think it's a simulator, and when I look outside the window I hope to see the what I would see with my eyes in reality (like a camera does).  I think we don't need a "map" of oceans ground.

I don't know your source, but would it not be more realsistc, if you edit the ocean to a nice blue color?

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

the project is already done! and it is what you see in the video!

we do not edit the imagery, it is 100% true to source with no edits,

Sim should be replacing your near vicinity textures with higher resolution ones,

if it doesn't try extending your lod radius in settings,

+masterhawk    5
masterhawk
On 8.1.2017 at 14:43, Chris Bell said:

the project is already done! and it is what you see in the video!

we do not edit the imagery, it is 100% true to source with no edits,

Sim should be replacing your near vicinity textures with higher resolution ones,

if it doesn't try extending your lod radius in settings,

Hi, I have to apologize. You are correct, as long as we don't try space flight, nobody would see the the ocean ground texture.

• Like 1

+ruilaureano    3
ruilaureano

Hi! 

Has Blue Marble been released? I may have missed the email.

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

hi Alex,

Blue has not yet been released,

you will get a private invite on this board inviting you to visit our shop and claim your reward :)

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Blue Marble Project has now been released and is available from our shop,

Blue Marble Home Page can be reached directly here http://bluemarble.chrisbelldesigns.com/

or from the top navigation bar

site.links.jpg