Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Chris Bell

welcome to our forums Phil,

there is more to vEarth than meets the eye,

we do have a higher LOD imagery set then what we are rendering out,

since we are detecting every item off the imagery then placing it as an object; we feel a higher res image set has a much less value for this type of project,

the only place you will focus more on the image below is actually in very rural underpopulated areas,

in populated areas you will mainly see objects not the imagery itself as it gets blocked by objects placed over;

imagery below becomes secondary and only fills up gaps in between,

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tjpietro

Excited for vEarth release. Add me to your beta wish list team.

 

Tim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manny
On 6/3/2017 at 3:11 AM, Chris Bell said:

welcome to our forums Phil,

there is more to vEarth than meets the eye,

we do have a higher LOD imagery set then what we are rendering out,

since we are detecting every item off the imagery then placing it as an object; we feel a higher res image set has a much less value for this type of project,

the only place you will focus more on the image below is actually in very rural underpopulated areas,

in populated areas you will mainly see objects not the imagery itself as it gets blocked by objects placed over;

imagery below becomes secondary and only fills up gaps in between,

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Chris.. This is exciting and I totally agree with you on the subject of Rural vs Metro areas where in Metro areas, you could do with not the highest resolution texture since you would overlay with objects (Trees and buildings)

 

So could we have a combo of very high resolution vs low resolution depending on the areas? Rural vs MEtro? e.g., Arizona, Utah, Nevada, very high resolution textures while in cities where its going to be crowded with buildings you could use  lower resolution? In So cal, mountain and dester area, have high resolution but in LA area, lower resolution since we would have tons of autogens?

 

And why 4 seasons? Don't you have to have 4 seasons of textures taking up so much space? Could we not have a combo depending on areas? South west just 1 season and NE with 2 or 3 seasons? Economizing rather than one size fit all? Just a thought

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

no we have not forget about this project,
we have come a long ways, i thought id share few images from a recent test rendering,

 

2018-9-6_0-25-43-521.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-29-38-268.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-20-37-764.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-30-17-483.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saldo
2 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

no we have not forget about this project,
we have come a long ways, i thought id share few images from a recent test rendering,

 

2018-9-6_0-25-43-521.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-29-38-268.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-20-37-764.jpg

 

2018-9-6_0-30-17-483.jpg

 

That looks really nice. 

In the past I have tried TP but that gave blurries above 80 knots.

Knowing you this will be way better.

 

Is it far in development ? Very curious here ..

 

?

 

Regards,

Gerard

Edited by Saldo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

Hi Gerard :)

indeed this project is in alpha stage; this is a random test area in Delaware,

you can see our proprietary building, trees categorized by type age and size, water detection all working in harmony,

we are working on PR color correction atm :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kevin Firth
2 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

Hi Gerard :)

indeed this project is in alpha stage; this is a random test area in Delaware,

you can see our proprietary building, trees categorized by type age and size, water detection all working in harmony,

we are working on PR color correction atm :) 

 

Buildings still need a bit of work, couple of overly large and missized roofs there (but the buildings look much better in the 2nd pic) Trees look good :) Cheers K

Edited by Kevin Firth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

what are you... a detective? xD

that's correct Kevin; roofs were not finalized yet,

we intend on detecting each roof color before placing them; atm these are random roofs,


we were mainly focused on matriculates building and tree placements,

mind you this is not done by hand; our process is completely automated start to finish with no human intervention,

those are individually detected trees, crossed reference with their type, age, and size derived from real world vegetation db,

 

we plan on updating all of these textures but for initial release we will use native sim objects with native textures over Photoreal,

 

2018-9-6_0-25-43-521.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deca

Hello,

 

It's very promising, I'm looking forward to the next step with great enthusiasm.

 

Emmanuel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ady7970

Orbx TrueEarth has beaten you to the post mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

lmao,

no they haven't!
we announced these standards long before they ever thought about a single project in similar scope,
and as usually we provide them with their inspiration for their next project but they will never ever get as good as we do!
did i mention they use the tools our group is developing to do these things in the first place; you didn't think we will give them our special tools too? 
they did the same trying to copy Night Environment and they are trying to jump the gun again, 

there's a stamped date on these posts; i suggest you check that first,

 

for us this is the biggest compliment we could get from such caliber player ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saldo
15 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

lmao,

no they haven't!
we announced these standards long before they ever thought about a single project in similar scope,
and as usually we provide them with their inspiration for their next project but they will never ever get as good as we do!
did i mention they use the tools our group is developing to do these things in the first place; you didn't think we will give them our special tools too? 
they did the same trying to copy Night Environment and they are trying to jump the gun again, 

there's a stamped date on these posts; i suggest you check that first,

 

That is true...

Other developers often use their tools and I happen to know one of them who also makes them.

 

Edited by Saldo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

i dont believe we mentioned this yet...
we are giving away our first region showcasing our standards for FREE!

a full state rendition start to finish on us :) 

originally i wanted us to do NL as our first free project for that exact reason,
so everyone with NL out there can try us for free and see the differences in person,

but i was voted against on that :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

looks familiar anyone...?

 

1.jpg

 

2.jpg

 

3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BrianT

It all looks amazing Chris. Well done 👍 can't wait to start adding another CBD product to the sim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

upcoming year and the following will be allot of fun ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

it should be noted that tonight (just few minutes ago) our team confirmed a major technology breakthrough!  W00T  \  o  /

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kevin Firth
39 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

it should be noted that tonight (just few minutes ago) our team confirmed a major technology breakthrough!  W00T  \  o  /

Teaser? Hints? More info?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

good to see you Kevin :x
just reporting it live as it happened, 
no special planning other than to share the excitement and a notation for timeline reference  ❤️ 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kevin Firth
48 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

good to see you Kevin :x
just reporting it live as it happened, 
no special planning other than to share the excitement and a notation for timeline reference  ❤️ 
 

I always keep tabs on you CHris ;)

I lost all my skype contacts a while ago when my daughter managed to factory reset my iPhone...drop me a PM it would be good to catch up :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

that's why you're not responding to my messages!

ill send you m y contacts again in a moment :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jjaycee1
On 12/30/2018 at 8:51 AM, Chris Bell said:

it should be noted that tonight (just few minutes ago) our team confirmed a major technology breakthrough!  W00T  \  o  /

 

 Happy New Year Chris and all. Been XP'ing so not visited the forum here very much this last 12 months.

 

Chris: Make sure your new "breakthrough" is kept from other developers since you are  frequently mentioning that "others" have stolen/adapted or used your original creations. Don't let others steal your technology.

Take care

JJ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

Happy New Year JJ :x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chris Bell

dont get excited yet everyone its not out yet!
but here's a preview of our free full state wide demo for vEarth line, 

 

2019-1-3_21-39-46-392.jpg

 

2019-1-3_21-41-8-234.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michael_B767_ATP

Hey Chris,

 

That looks SWEET!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×