Sign in to follow this  
poppet

Some Newby Questions

poppet    2
poppet

Hello Chris and Night Environment Team,  You's have a very nice Forum set up here.  

I would like to purchase the British Isles V 1.71 for Prepar3D V3.3 and I have some questions.

(1) Is the British Isles V 1.71 compatible with Prepar3D V.3.3?

(2) I read somewhere that when you run the Installer it will disable the Orbx lights?  So the only lights i will see will be from NE?  I wont have to worry about conflict or fiddling with settings between NE and Orbx ? 

(3) I see on the Forums that V1.8 is nearing a release date,  Is this an Update to all the Products that are now on V1.71 ?  I think there is 7 of them,  Or do i have this backwards :) 

(4)  Will there be an Update Price when V1.8 is released? 

Edited by poppet
  • Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Elaine ;) 

sorry for the delay in response; i got little side tracked,

all our titles are compatible with P3D 3.x! (we also in beta testing group for LM)

we do use an exclude that aims to disable any third party lights over an active NE region,

yes, v1.8 is an update to existing v1.7x regions,

all our updates since version 1.0 to now; were all free updates to existing customers; that has been our policy from the start!

no update price for v1.8 for existing customers; see response above :)

• Like 1

poppet    2
poppet

Hello Chris :) 

Thank you for your speedy reply.   That's perfect,  exactly wanted i wanted to know.

Chat soon

• Like 1

+krazyk    39
krazyk

Apologies for bumping a thread over a year old but reading your recent reply over on the Black Marble topic Chris, I wanted to attract your attention to the reply you posted to Elaine here where you said there won't be any charge for v1.8. Is the re-purchase necessary for v1.8 NE titles even if you're on P3D v3 or lower? I understand the need to pay an upgrade fee for P3D v4 with it's new 64bit code but wasn't aware that updates would be charged full price for other simulators as well. Could you please clarify on this? 

Edited by krazyk
  • Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

unfortunately this was true at the time for all our titles published through Aerosoft!
our new v1.8 is published now under our new and direct publishing company,

we are now a new and independent business entity,

v1.8 is new! it is not v1.7 renamed!

we introduce a new format that includes live update server,

new features, functions, and light libraries we developed,

+krazyk    39
krazyk

Thanks, Chris. I'd be willing to pay a small upgrade fee to get the latest version as well as getting a P3D v4 specific installer but full price for all of them is a bit out of my reach. Perhaps you should've called them 'Night Environment v2' to avoid the confusion of us thinking it is an update. Oh well, look forward to the free Blue Marble and the release of Black Marble since that will be my only option for night lighting, outside of the regions I've already purchased.

As Night Environment is a full purchase from v1.8 and above, will you be updating the previous regions up to at least v1.71? Out of all the regions I've purchased from SimMarket, Denmark (v1.0) and Greece (v1.1) still haven't been updated to v1.71. 

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

i am aware of the updating issues from the past, this is built with all the lessons learned  :)

+krazyk    39
krazyk

Sorry, Chris, I'm not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that the two regions I mentioned will be updated to v1.71 for existing customers for free and made available through your new shop or since you've now left Aerosoft, those of us who purchased your NE titles from elsewhere (SimMarket, for example) are also stranded with outdated builds?

I'll let you sort out the current shop issues as I'm sure that is your priority but I'm sure the users here would appreciate it if you could put up a pinned thread regarding some of the questions that have come up regarding NE titles since your departure from Aerosoft as well as Black Marble/P3D v4 specific installers.

Edited by krazyk

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

we have not departed from Aerosoft, we will continue working together in the future only in a different format,
older titles will be replaced with newer ones directly from us a publisher not as a developer!

this means Aerosoft titles will not likely to continue updating when our new titles are now available,

as i explained before we are a new publishing company today; as such we have put the time and efforts creating this infrastructure,

simply giving away our new developed  titles makes no business sense or is a successful route for a new company,

we have supported as a developer at no cost to the end user for well over 3 years now!
during those years we didn't make new revenues on existing sales; only platform developers have while we support each version iteration they put out at no cost!

while this is nice these things do cost us time and money! yet we don't get rewarded for this as we are held hostage by new platform update for our products survival,

i call anyone who's happy going to work for free everyday to stand up! 

i know no one would go to work for free; while we in a sense have been doing so!

these update happen every other month and cause allot of overhead we never get compensated for,

i mentioned the only ones who benefit and also accepted with no questions asked are platform developers,

which are the ones causing the need for updating in the first place, while they make new sales we support these changes for free for a long time now,

as a developer these cost were not on us with its full weight, it was on our publishers... Aerosoft!
this format of not updating every time; is due to the way our industry has been run,

we bring a change with our new company;

a change everyone should welcome and support and embrace!

when you pay for support and updates you are not at the mercy of a anyone's favor!

with our new format you should and can expect updates delivered on time!!!

its your right!

+krazyk    39
krazyk

That's all fine, Chris. I understand the need for consistent revenue to be able to provide support and obviously newer products and development techniques but I was confused as to why certain titles reached v1.71 while others did not. Afterall, they all are from the same family so they should deserve equal support and updates. I thought you were in the process of updating all of them but the updates never came through, nor was I aware that v1.8 of the same product line would be an entirely new product in itself (confusion stems from the product called v1.8 and not 2.0 or something else). Since most of what I purchased were updated to v1.71, it would only be natural for me to assume that you and your team were working on updating all of them to their final build as that's what I last remember was being advertised when the new UI and more intricate features were boasted with v1.7, all free of a charge and followed through by you for several regions. It's a bit disappointing to see that you've abandoned those titles all in favor of what you now claim is a whole new different product yet follows the same name as well as version numbering. 

Again, I'm not complaining, simply expressing that I'm perplexed by what seems like a rushed decision to update a few titles in the product family and leave the others as is which makes everything out of sync. For example, your updated UI and selection options that come with it in v1.70 and higher are unavailable to the two titles I mentioned previously because you elected to ditch them and push out v1.80 at full price. So, in order to get the freedom to control the density of light objects within Denmark or Greece, I'd have to pick them up again as v1.80 but then that would leave the rest on v1.70 and again out of sync with the newer titles. I hope you understand the gist of what I'm trying to communicate.

Anyway, I hope you sort out the shop issues swiftly so we can see Black Marble there and get in into our sims.

• Like 1

+Chris Bell    421
Chris Bell

we do not disagree K!

we made some of these updates available to Aerosoft a long time ago!!!

we cannot influence their update policy or the manner they operate their institution,

it was at their disclosure which titles to publish, update and which not,

technically speaking all customer support efforts should be covered by Aerosoft!

as it is covered by  our agreement and completely falls in Aerosoft realm of responsibility,

i've been privately financing this forum, shop and everything involved in this!

this forums and direct support we been providing is not the standard of operations in this industry,

how many developers like myself  cover support instead of the publisher himself for no additional cost?

this was not mandatory we did this because it was important that our customers get direct support from us!!!

as for these little glitches, we are fixing these and should be on our way to Black marble shortly as well as many other ground breaking projects :)

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this