Sign in to follow this  
A3202014D

NG night lighting question

A3202014D

i saw the video and i was very impressed i have downloaded the demo of the isle of man only in my sim it does not look the same way 

what are the lighting settings of Prepar3d used in the video 

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Hello Julian,
what is not looking right for you there can you share an image please?

setting used in the video were default out of the box with two changes made from that starting point,

we turn on volumetric lights and switch on colored lights, apply and close NEXM,

these are the only changes we made and are the recommended settings to change from default,

A3202014D

the lights in the distance are very white colored only when i zoom in the color changes i am gonna try the settings you suggested 

isle of man.png

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

that will not be NE changing colors, more possibly a shader settings, did you try flushing your DirectX cache?
these white colored lights are not NE they are likely P3D new lighting system which you should keep off!

your ground textures also looks bit blurry, try adding more detail in sim settings
(most important make sure you have texture res set to 30cm, use Ultra textures at 4096, with ultra level of detail),

image.png image.png

Chris Bell

note: there may have been a small day photoreal for the Island area during the video shoot,
adding a small day photoreal will make your ground look much more crisp and block leaking landclass elements by default,

A3202014D

thanks its fixed now thanks for you help here screenshot :D  

isle of man 3.png

• Thanks 1