Sign in to follow this  
Will

Product Support Pricing In Shop Changes When You Log In

Question

Will

Hi Chris,

I am trying to understand how your website determines the annual renewal price price for product support. Over the years I have purchased a lot of your products and a now have quite a few with expired product support that I would like to possible renew so I can possibly obtain a more recent version. I notice a disparity in pricing in your shop. When I am logged in under my user name your web site will charge $4.99 for a year of product support for a night environment title yet if you are not logged in your shop shows the price as $1.99.  If you look at my account you will see the number of  titles I have purchased from you and this difference in pricing will make a considerable difference in the amount payable.

Thank you for your assistance.

Edited by Will
Typing Error in First Post

8 answers to this question

Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Bill :)

which product have you seen this happen with?

Chris Bell

we have looked into the issue Will, 
it appears to not be an issue, the price you see for support before you login is discounted 50% for first time purchase,
once you logged in the system can present a more current info based on your user account,

what you are seeing once you login are none discounted support fees (aka standalone),

Will

Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly with your first post and then your follow up second post that I have just seen.  I’d started investigating and preparing a response for your first post which is included below with some modifications to allow for your second post. The main products I was referring to in my original post in terms of differing renewal costs were the Night Environment titles.

To clarify the cost difference I am observing is between the cost of product support in the shop when not logged in and the cost of purchasing extended product support through the Manage Order section of the shop once logged in. I can see from your website’s shop that for all Night Environment titles you currently include the first year of support for free and the second year of product support at a discounted rate of $0.99 per year (instead of the non-discounted rate of $1.99/year). I looked at the website store for each of the 24 Night Environment titles and they all have the following text for support:

524569921_NESupport.thumb.jpg.d72a1df326f33e6e09ab0bc6714387a8.jpg

From this I would expect the cost of extending the support to be $1.99 per year for all Night Environment titles after the initial discount period of two years.

After seeing your first post I logged in and went through the Manage Order section of your shop to check the cost of extending software support for all the Night Environment titles that I’ve purchased. In my case 23 of the 24 Night Environment titles will renew support at a rate of $4.99 per year and 1 of the 24 Night Environment titles (NE Israel a more recent purchase) will extend support at a rate of $1.99 per year after current support expires on 09/10/2022.

How is the store setting it’s software support renewal price? It appears the price for extending software support is locked in by your shop front software when a product is initially purchased and the software doesn’t allow for any price reductions you may introduce for support in the following years after a customer’s initial purchase? What do you believe the correct price per year should be for extending product support for Prepar3DV4 for each Night Environment title?  If an annual support price has decreased is there a way to have in corrected so it’s reflected in support renewal purchases made in future years?

I haven’t got around to installing the products I have purchased as yet but the results other people are getting with Black Marble look amazing.  I’m wondering if there will be even further improvements with Night Environment. As you can appreciate, current support is needed in order to access software download links for software that has already been purchased from your store.

I hope I’ve raised this purchase query regarding software support in the right place on your web site.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Will

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell
1 hour ago, Will said:

From this I would expect the cost of extending the support to be $1.99 per year for all Night Environment titles after the initial discount period of two years.

you are absolutely correct my friend,
let me circle back with our online services director on this issue,

i wasn't fully aware; the way I've described it initially didn't reflect the issue you've highlighted above,
just the basic discrepancy observed logged vs. guest,

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

Hello Will, 
this issue has been resolved by now :) 

Will

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately the issue has not quite been fixed.

On seeing your last post I logged into my account to renew product support for remaining products. I found the renewal rate has been fixed for some of my Night Environment titles (e.g. British Isles, Benelux and Denmark) but not for others.  

I have left the Orders with the incorrect renewal amount as “Pending” and unpaid so they can be corrected.  I put a message in the “Contact Us” part of your store providing the order numbers for the invoices that need correcting. There are quite a few order numbers as a new order number seems to be generated as I try to renew support for each Night Environment title. By looking at the pending orders for my account someone should be quickly able to establish a list of Night Environment Titles which still need have to have their product support renewal rates corrected within my account so that software support invoices are correctly generated by the “Manage My Purchases” part of the store.

Thank you for your ongoing help in trying to resolve this matter.

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

Thank you Will,
i will check again,

• Thanks 1

Will

Chris, Your prompt checking and assistance has now done the trick!:)

• Thanks 1