robvanderwiele

Orbx True Earth

Question

robvanderwiele

Hello,

Do I need Extended Lights for Orbx True Earth?

Regards,

Rob

• Thanks 1

7 answers to this question

Chris Bell

100% Yes!
Extended is Worldwide not regional,
with extended it doesn't matter which photoreal set you run or where it is, Extended will cover you,

on a personal (none bias) preference note :D 
we do a much better job wit lights be it on the visual side or performance side there's just no comparison,
orbx are doing a nice job with nights but this is not their specialty, 

robvanderwiele

Thanks for your quick response Chris! Back to the shop then 👍

Rob

• Thanks 1

FBWFTW

Not to revive an old topic-but I came here after watching Adam P’s video on NE and some others... 

My TE Florida is SUPER bright even with HDR brightness and saturation turned down and I’m wondering if Black Marble and/or Night Environment Florida will help out with that... 

Chris Bell

generally speaking our colors are consistent throughout our product lines,
the colors you saw in Adam's videos will be the same for you as well,

NE FL with DD FL meshup 

FBWFTW

Thanks for the info posts Chris, but I’m gonna attempt  to be fairly specific here...  

-I have Orbx True Earth Florida-looks amazing during the day, but it’s so bright at night that it sometimes looks like lava flows... 

-I’ve been playing with HDR settings for months now and the like but can’t find a happy medium.  I’ve tried envshade-turned it off, tweaked here there and everywhere... But I keep circling back to your products but to be honest 

-WHAT SPECIFIC CONTROLS OR CHANGES CAN OR WILL Night Environment Florida allow for me toward turning the brightness in TE Florida down/adjusting the street lights etc. ???

This is the best I can do for a screenshot at the moment til I get by my PC-but you can see the extreme brightness of TE Florida in P3D V5

Contrast that with a RW pic out of KPBI which looks far more like your NE.  

F9AA5631-4C05-4386-864D-0527FD769811.jpeg

10004565-9453-4579-9674-93FFE482F882.jpeg

03902364-C766-4B68-8342-72BEB7CBB9DF.jpeg

FBWFTW
Posted (edited)

So I’ve grabbed some proper screens for you to take a look at.  
My question(s) are-

If I install Night Environment Florida on top of TE Florida, will I be able to somehow control or otherwise turn the True Earth lights off and replace them with the Night Environment?

Would I also need Black Marble?

I absolutely love the way your products look, but to grab all the products it’s a PMDG (or larger) sized investment for my sim-hence my caution and questions before buying.  I also bump up against my VRAM limit in the south Florida area... So I’m attempting to be extra cautious on performance as well-I wouldn’t want to go all out spending a few hundred dollars to find I get constant out of vram errors.  
EA46970-D-10-B7-4164-BE11-00-EC79269-F09

8-A999407-85-D6-4045-A153-E7572-D9-C8-E5
D64-B7775-4-FA2-47-A8-9-AEB-EF459-A3811-

Edited by FBWFTW
Clarity and emphasis on questions

Chris Bell

ooh my, wow, did they really? that is unreal!
something looks way too exaggerated there,

i can tell you that we have something in the pipeline that will solve all your TE night issue wherever they may be!

for any other PR set beside TE our current NE line will give you the same visuals you see in our pictures and videos
(our videos are always shown with default sim settings with no external shader influence),

ambiance brightness etc. with our products is controlled via sim classic lights controls, than density and lights features are controlled by our NEXM manager,
the ground splash colors are no where close to what you show, our VRAM usage is as low as one can get with proper light system,
you can control lights size, brightness, colors and more per region via our manager, below you can see some of the features found in our regions,

nexmfrance.jpg

if you want to compare apples to apples visual wise scroll back up to our FL video,
there we use FSET generated day PR set with NE on top, day PR will be relatively comparable to TE,
our night time rendition is another story compared to TE (our work is often imitated but never duplicated! ;))