Chris Bell

as many of you received email announcing our recent silent updates,
we updated all our installers for all platforms with no exceptions,

those of you confused by the term "Silent" this refers to our build number not being increment for this update,
there is no fault found with our work nor our data has changed nor new sim related features added to our work,
we have just release our newest builds as of 10 days ago, there is no need to increment revision for the new protection layer added,

we fixed unwarranted directory not found installer alert, updated NEXM manager for NE users to fix reported a bug in NEXM, 
the main thing we added is new hidden logic,this logic is working now to protect our customers from none compliant developers work,
we make sure all file are properly encoded prior to accessing them, you will not need to edit or change encoding anymore,

it is all done seamlessly behind the scene for you, this logic now exists in all our installers and managers as they all look out for each other,

if a situation arise where something altered terrain.cfg encoding you can use the new option added to BM CPanel to confirm terrain.cfg is in proper encoding now with no need to download 3rd party tools to do that manually, if no fault is found there will be no changes applied,

you will also find a new option on BM CPanel, under certain conditions "Move Scenery to XML" option will be available with BM Vector Pack and up,
if your installation allows the option will be listed for you, you will than be able with checking the option to seamlessly move our work to Add-on XML,
the new XML option will allow you to manage your scenery via addon manager,

we only endorse one Add-on XML manager with ongoing professional support behind it, that is SIMStarter!
manage your scenery at your own risk as we do no recommend running static scenery via Add-on XML,

our scenery still installs by default to scenery.cfg which you can choose later on to move from there if you have the need to do so,

our new XML features works both ways meaning when you uncheck it we move back to scenery.cfg,

there are no restrictions on moving, this is not a one time or one direction change; you can move back and forth as you see fit,

To update Black Marble product line you can simply run our installer again after selecting your platform select update option,
the entire process should be seamless and require no effort on your end beyond 3 clicks, for installer without update option you will need to uninstall first and reinstall the latest version, installers with update option when used will retain all your settings, there are no special instructions when updating,

all should remain the same when back in sim, you can also update in any order you choose without uninstalling any Black Marble modules,

New.CP.jpg

v2.2.0.0.1.jpg

Cowhorns32

Chris,

I am sorry if this question is not a very educated question (stupid question) but I am a little unsure if I am supposed to re-download all of the installers and just run the update option from new installers or you can run update from the old installers (not sure if running the installers downloads the update from a server.)  I apologize in advance if this question is stupid :) 

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Mark :) 
(i know you've been here forever but this is your first public post congrats ;))

the post above been updated with more information right as you posted, 
re-download and select update, that's all you need to do,

Markus Felber

Hallo @Chris Bell,

Do I "only" have to reload and update BlackMarble NG Base v1.5.0, or also Vector and Extended Lights?

Best regards,

Markus

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

@Markus Felber
every installer and every manager been updated to make sure no breach can accrue again no matter which installer or manager is run,
highly advised to update all modules with no exceptions.

• Thanks 1

Cowhorns32

Thanks Chris!  

Mark

• Thanks 1