Chris Bell

Hey Chris, youre guess is good as mine atm,
we will wait and see what they will break in v5HF2 :D

• Haha 2

Chris Bell

requesting taxi... ✈✈✈

• Haha 1

Chris Bell

at the time of writing these lines all v5.0 installers are present and listed in shop!
they are not yet available for purchasing in shop and will show an error if you try,
existing customer will see in their shop account upgrades are available now to activate,

please wait before activating your free upgrade or downloading for our official announcement,
we are still testing the water,

• Like 1

KianA320

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

clive6354

With the awaited Windows upgrade to 2004, will this update have any effect on Black Marble for V4.5 and V5.

Clive

• Like 1

Chris Bell

i don't believe it will Clive,

Chris Bell

we will be pushing our official announcement shortly,
thank you everyone for waiting patiently (accept Carsten!),

you can all head to your shop accounts under each v4 title you own you should see "request free v5 upgrade" if all your affairs are in place it will be approved immediately, once approved you should get a new product page with your free v5 provision under your "Manage Purchases" tab in shop,

• Like 2

BrianT
Posted (edited)

Great work as usual Chris,
Silly question I know, but it's what I do best 😁.  If I "request" the V5 upgrade as these are not dual installers the V4 files will still be available?

Edited by BrianT
  • Like 1

Chris Bell

indeed Brian, both v4 and v5 will be available to all existing customer with active v4 support!
you will get a additional new dedicated v5 page for each item with dedicated key to activate v5,

• Like 1

adamjpestridge@gmail.com
11 hours ago, clive6354 said:

With the awaited Windows upgrade to 2004, will this update have any effect on Black Marble for V4.5 and V5.

Clive

Phew, thats good....because Im on Build 2004.....would I be best to wait until hotfix 2 comes out before installing the products for v5 Chris? 

• Like 1

Chris Bell

from BM prospective i dont see a difference, it is up to your personal preferences when you want to make your move to v5,

Brussell

Hi Chris

I had all Black Marble products for P3D V4 and have just downloaded the new V5 Installers.

But after installing I have major issues with textures and the Black Marble files aren't in the scenery library like in V4.

Please advise

Thanks

Ben

Balck Marble.PNG

adamjpestridge@gmail.com
7 hours ago, Chris Bell said:

from BM prospective i dont see a difference, it is up to your personal preferences when you want to make your move to v5,

i am more referring to, if you will need to update these products just released because of the hotfix that is coming from v5..... is it advisable to simply wait until you have had a chance to review the hotfix to see if any changes need to be made, or is it safe to install v5 products into v5 in the knowledge that any hotfix wont suddenly render BM in v5 unable to perform at their best, or at all. I understand you probably wont know until you get your hands on it yourself when everyone else does.. 

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

@adamjpestridge@gmail.com

the updates and changes MS and LM will introduce will not effect flat data or our elements,
the changes will be in how these are processed internally with hopefully a more efficient cycles,

@Brussell
happy to help, this is the wrong area for product support! 

Brussell

thanks Chris. Have moved it to support.

• Thanks 1

adamjpestridge@gmail.com

thanks @Chris Bell .... Looking forward to seeing your stuff on the ground and in the skies again all back to normal like v4.... The BM has been missed...

• Like 1