Chris Bell

Black Marble 2020 Global Update is coming...

clive6354

I have V5  but it is has a long way to go before decent aircraft and add-ons become compatible.  Many people are praising how good the performance is over V4.5, it probably is, but at the same time any program running 95% default will give good performance.

My V4.5 will not be closed down until V5 is fully working, giving good performance with good night lighting by Black Marble

Take your time Chris, perfection takes time and patience.  You have my support for future Black Marble developments using V4.5

Clive

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris Bell

Thank you Clive :)
what most people are reporting is placebo effect,
this is v4 with DX12 which should yield about 10% improvement over v4 without,

there's a but... they also added 3 times more the vector data they had there before,
that data is incomplete not optimized and is robbing way more than the 10% gained by DX12 ,
v5.0 as it is will not outperform a fully loaded v4.x!

clive6354

100% correct

Chris Bell

a quick status update,
the reason we have not yet pushed our updated installers is because we were trying to add "Early Access" for v5 users,
i know we said we will not be adding support for v5, yet we know how many of you are eager for v5 support, 
we are doing our best to add support for v5 in these upcoming updates,

• Thanks 2

clive6354

Hi Chris

Whatever work is required take your time, it will be ready when it is ready.  It appears that everyone wants everything yesterday for little return.  I am very disappointed with P3Dv5  was expecting something much better, not sure what I was expecting but V5 resembles FSX on steroids

• Haha 1

Chris Bell

its not exactly all gloom,
they did add allot; unfortunately it just doesn't all play nice or gel's together at this point in time,
they had a scheduled date they just followed through on regardless maturity,
pretty irresponsible from whoever is calling the shots there,

we need little more hardship in today's reality.

clive6354
Posted (edited)

I am sorry if I gave the impression that V5  was all gloom.  There is a lot of new technology working within V5 but so many loose ends.  In my opinion, it was released before it was ready.  P3D a first-class platform, which could be wrecked by greed and  "I want it now" mentality

Edited by clive6354
  • Like 1

James Pierce

Considering the effort spent to get the sim right I might stick to P3d4.5 until MSFS2020, until then enjoying a stable platform without issues with great visuals inc. Black Marble which works great and improves the overall flight experience.

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

updates are uploading... 
almost time to get excited :) 

in few hours Extended will complete upload and be available we will then officially announce the new release,

image.png

• Thanks 1

natoseigh

seems the server is down when trying to download the extended night lighting

natoseigh

And does this new installer updates helps with the stuttering even in the day time?

Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Nathaniel :)

yes this will help with stutters,
Extended was intentionally removed so older build is not downloaded before Extended completes uploading,

Chris Bell

Extended Pack has been posted now!
image.png

Davo79

Hi Chris,
Does the new V1.5 versions released here work with both HF2 and the new HF3 for v4.5???

Additionally, I’ve recently installed FS Global 2020 to my sim for better looking mountains (mesh) and now not sure whether your product has been tested to work with this program together??

Are you able to confirm this please. 

Regards

David

Chris Bell