Chris Bell

Black Marble NG Update Preview

efpg0708

Great news !!

Should we installed it over the existing base+vectors products ?

• Confused 1

Chris Bell

Extended Lights Pack is Pre-Order atm when released we will include setup instructions,

if youre familiar with our installers it will be an easy setup similar to 3D Bridges or Traffic Pack,

efpg0708

Thanks Chris.

Is it still being released this weekend ?

cheers

Eduardo

• Like 1

Chris Bell

not this weekend!

Beldwick

How long this pre-order discount will last?

• Like 1

Chris Bell

the discount will be active until we are ready to go live with Extended Lights Pack, 
ive placed a ballpark release date with extra time buffer just in case (Two of  our Team members are on vacation atm their skills are required to complete the release),

ideally we are looking at a week to two weeks, worst case three,

efpg0708

Hi Chris

I have noticed that, even though the lights extend all the way, most of the roads lights are still popping up,

• Confused 1

Chris Bell

im sorry Eduardo, you are looking at the current autogen system,
Extended Lights Pack hasn't been released yet!

did you watch the video we posted on our homepage or at the start of this thread?
we are at max 7200ft at peak in the video, when (on the timeline) you saw lights or roads popping?

not to mention unrelated to Extended Lights Pack we also have been working on new 4K and 8K textures that are are so good they are visible from space :D (not released yet!)
im completely confused where you came up with that statement, you will never be able to tell where lights or roads end with these combined,
(these were not active in the video!)

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

here we are with our new high res textures without tracers seen from space,

2019-6-22_8-58-25-608.jpg

2019-6-22_8-58-11-338.jpg

efpg0708

Hi Chris

sorry, got confused here. I thought the roads’s lights were vector lights, not autogen lights.

• Like 1

Chris Bell

that's ok :)
current road lights are always autogen based, Base or Vector they go along vector roads,
with our BM Vector Pack we are able to expand all roads worldwide 1:1 to their real existing location and draw them in sim,
with that we are able to drive a much higher fidelity that accrues naturally in sim just by merits of the data and road grid they form,

Extended Pack changes everything in respects to lighting in which it changes the underlying autogen lighting with none autogen based lighting worldwide, 
Extended Lights Pack matches to the current Vector Data we run for BM worldwide which is up to date as of 06/2019,
without first having accurate vector data we cannot draw lights without roads being there,

many neglect that BM Vector roads are visible (and can be used for VFR navigation!!!) during day time worldwide just as they are at night,

rtk1972

Chris, regarding your last sentence, does that mean with the upcoming extended pack i will "finally" get rid of the vector roads during daylight ?

Thanks, Carsten

• Like 1

rtk1972

AND: Do we still need to edit the terrain.cfg after running Orbx FTX Central to change thos 5 AU entries ?

• Like 1

Chris Bell

where have you been hiding Carsten :) 

not sure im following your first question logic, you still need vector roads during daytime! 
second questions the answer is yes,

rtk1972
Just now, Chris Bell said:

where have you been hiding Carsten :) 

not sure im following your first question logic, you still need vector roads during daytime! 
second questions the answer is yes,

Quite busy in terms of my job the last months chris...

what i mean is that i see the bm vector streets during daytime overlapping my Orbx textures.

i think in the past this has not happend during daytime but correct me if i am wrong. So my question was if those streets will be with the extended pack still visible during daytime as it is at the moment or will they hide ?

• Like 1

Chris Bell

"overlapping orbx roads"?
these should not be there in the first place unless you messed something up :D

rtk1972
8 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

"overlapping orbx roads"?
these should not be there in the first place unless you messed something up :D

Overlapping  orbx textures i wrote.. well i reinstalled bm several times but ok then it is as it is. Thanks

• Like 1

Chris Bell

my bad Carsten, i assumed roads :D
i think you are referring to an unrelated pending bug in P3D?

that was always there btw all the way back to FSX days,
LM are aware and should address the issue as soon as schedule allows,

efpg0708

Hi Chris

I’m a little confused here ...

The update (already available) is supposed to extend the visibility of the vector lights correct ? 

I’m asking this because sometimes I see cities way ahead in the distance, and sometimes they only become visible only  when they are very close to me. It seems the light’s intensity changes throughout the flight.

Cheers

Eduardo 

• Confused 1

Chris Bell

Hi Eduardo :)
the thread is named Update Preview the name suggest we are previewing an unreleased updated ;) 

efpg0708
7 minutes ago, Chris Bell said:

Hi Eduardo :)
the thread is named Update Preview the name suggest we are previewing an unreleased updated ;) 

Hi Chris

Sorry for the confusion. I thought Global V1.2 Already included the extended vector lights and the extended lights update would feature the extended autogen lights.

The reason I’m asking this is because with what I have now, when I load the sim or when I’m at the beginning of a flight, the lights are very bright and visible on the horizon. As the flight progresses, they seem to become weaker and weaker. An example: I flew from Casablanca to EHAM today, overflying Paris. If I load my sim and go to Paris and slew up to FL380,  I see the whole city very bright down there. However, when I passed over it on my flight today, I barely saw anything (and weather was clear). Any idea of why this could be happening ?

Thanks

Eduardo

Chris Bell

Eduardo please open a topic in the appropriate area and post your question there!