Ronnie Lee

Night Environment Light elevation...

Ronnie Lee

Hi there,

I'm considering buying the British Isles Night lighting pack and was wondering if the height of the lights is changable?

I saw some stunning screenshots a few weeks ago that were 1000ft over liverpool and looked pretty accurate but I remember the street lights on the ground at Liverpool appeared to be 6 stories in the air.

Having installed Smartsim lighting today i'm wanting more and think your product might be the one I'll plump for,

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ronnie

• Like 1

Chris Bell

Welcome to our forums Ronnie :)

NE road lights all have a static elevation correlating to the class,

• Thanks 1

Ronnie Lee

Just out of interest would it be possible to get a screen shot of Liverpool EGGP on the runway 27?

Pan to the right and you might see what I mean, lets say a UK lamppost is 10m tall, for some reason they appeared almost 100m tall.

The guy seemed happy with it as from a height it looked correct but I found it offputting.

Still the best looking night lights out there.

Would I need NE on its own or the Black Marble too?

I fly UK VFR mainly,

Thanks

Ronnie

• Confused 1

Chris Bell

you are likely confusing airport light poles which prob are very high off the ground and differ from street lights,
we keep out of airports with an added sanitation area all around so devs can simply place their airports without dealing with our lights,
if you saw lights inside the airport they are probably part of the airport scenery not NE,
we dont place any lights inside airports anywhere; not with our BMNG line nor NE line,

the lights we do place always correlate to local code with respect color and placement off the ground,

alt ranges vary from 4m up to around 20m depending on the road class, we do not place anything at 100m :) 

altitude is always in relation to your mesh ground surface level in a given spot,

Ronnie Lee

These lights are all outside the airport boundary and appeared to be a good 2 or 3 times the height.

I'd like to test this on my system and see if it does it on mine as i'm currently building a new simulator and also upgrading 3 of their older simulators (for my flying school buddies)  and want theirs to look good if I convince them to purchase. If its buggy or not right it will be me that gets it in the neck haha.

Is there a way to lower the lights across the whole scenery?

It's almost like (lets just say your lights are in the right place) that the land elevation was incorrect but no other scenery looked out of place.

Can the gap be closed in any way?

It might be worth having a look on a test system. I flew from manchester UK with the Oculus VR on too and it appearred that lights in the distance were elevatted too.

Regards

Ronnie

50231553_10218129609091265_7923958109838508032_o.jpg

Ronnie Lee

Do you have a demo product of the NE British Isles so I can try it on my new build and come back to you with my findings?

I've got an i9 with GTX 10800ti so it should run your scenery a dream.

The current line up of software is:

P3D v4.4

Playsims UK VFR photoscenery for the whole of the UK

UK2000 VFR Airfields and all major airports with Extreme scenery packs

Cheers

Ronnie

Chris Bell

we do not have a demo, we have a fair refund policy!

you may use our video tab at the top navigation bar to view more of our videos and customers,

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/videos.html/

Ronnie Lee

Thanks for your help, I'll have a think on it this week,

Best regards

Ronnie

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

btw these look like orbx lights; not ours!
i9 with 1080ti is sufficient for allot more than just NE there,