Sign in to follow this  
Officer25

Cannot create shop account

Officer25

Hello,

I see a nice sale is going on regarding Black Marble and I've heard good things so I'm willing to buy it and see what it does for night flying in Prepar3D v4. I can't set up an account in the shop though because I never got the email confirmation, even though I requested it to be sent again. It's not in my junk folder, I just am not getting any sort of email from the shop. Forum setup went flawless but shop is quite a disaster.

Also, are you aware that half the links at the bottom of the home page of this forum website do not direct to what they indicate they do? Half of them aren't valid. Steam's website isn't steam.com, it's steamcommunity.com. Rex is http, not https. Doesn't give a good impression to new users if you can't even click on the link after introducing it to your page to see that it works.

Officer25

The shop account name and email address are the same that I use for this forum account if an administrator would like to look into it.

Chris Bell

see the post above please

Officer25

Oh I see. That's a very weird setup. Nonethless, I canceled my registration and would like to use the email I was trying to setup before. From what it looks like I need to wait a day to setup my account with that email address because "canceled registrations are removed daily." Can you just uhh... remove that canceled registration now so I can use the email when setting up the shop account the correct way?

Thanks

• Haha 1

Chris Bell

im here to help :)

i resent the activation for your account,
who told you that "canceled registrations are removed daily."

that is incorrect, we dont have any canceled registration ever let alone daily :o 

• Like 1

Officer25

I haven't made the shop account yet because I am waiting for the one I tried to make originally to be canceled. I'm not sure how you resent the activation for my account because I haven't really officially made one yet!

I tried making one originally but that led me to the problem of never getting the activation email, which the post you linked told me I was doing it wrong. Since I do want that email (that I was originally using incorrectly) to be the one I use for the shop account, I canceled the original wrong account.

lJQrISv.png

YdT3JcF.png

This may just be the forum you are using and thus I do indeed need to just wait one day before I can use the email that I caught up in a mess with the original registration.

Thanks for looking into it though

Chris Bell

did you check your spam folder?
since its likely the first time our domain send an email to your account it could get tagged as spam,

you tried to cancel the account here on forums but didn't complete the deletion as it requires you to also confirm by email,
thats why you are still able to currently login to forums, 

as for shop account when you check out for the first time with items your shop account will be created as well,
you cannot manually create a shop account; we create it for you when you place an order with us,

forums is public with customers only areas; some you currently unable to access without owning a product from that segment, 

Officer25

No! I'm not trying to delete my forums account, my forums account is fine. I actually think all that's needed is to delete the shop account under my email because that is what is preventing me from creating the shop account/logging in (I know how to bypass the fact that I am always given an error because I am stuck, but I would like the account to be deleted).

• Thanks 1

Chris Bell

let me have a quick looksee :) 

Chris Bell

done!
i now get what you meant with regards to temp accounts deletions, that is valid and correct but only applies to shop!

keep in the back of your mind you can always reach out to a team member to help out (Team members will have a Blue + next to their name),
if for some reason you cannot access your accounts there is a contact us link at the bottom that will email me directly,
as well as a section in pre-sales where guests can post without singing up first,

• Like 1

Officer25

Thanks, I was able to complete the purchase and make the shop account!

Now how do I get a little red checkmark here on the forums like everyone else?

And thanks for all the help, I didn't know there's more than just one person with a blue checkmark!

• Haha 1

Chris Bell

lol ❤️

welcome to our community :) 
its done automatically and you already have it ;) 

image.png

Officer25

Oh, nice! Now lastly... I did complete the shop payment and  create the account, and it works all perfect... except I never got any email from the shop on where to download black marble.

I see the payment was put to my credit card (maybe a few days until it is posted) but I don't have anywhere to get the stuff. Should I wait a little longer so that the email with instructions shows up?

• Like 1

Chris Bell

check your spam folder and white list our domain the first email you find from us,
your download links are under your shop account 

image.png

Officer25

Ah I see, that is where I should download it. IDK about the email, it never showed up and it's not in the spam. But if I can find the download links there (which I have verified they are there) then there shouldn't be a problem. I see the license too, so I guess I'm all good to rock and roll, minus any important information that would have been included in the email.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Officer25
Posted (edited)

Uh oh... any comment on this?

UCLhaBq.png

Edited by Officer25

Chris Bell

hmm... give it few some email processors take bit longer than others,

from my personal experience if you are using gmail or one of those online mail providers with a local mail client you will want to physically check your spam folder online not your local spam folder and white list us, ive had it many times before even emails coming from major well known domains; if they tag something as spam most of the time they wont forward it to your local client and keep it away from your local machine as a safety measure,

Officer25

oh also, I am seeing there is a special "support" section of the forums when I use the search function of this forum, including a support section for BlackMarble NG Base, but I don't have permission to view them. Does a moderator have to add my account to a special group to see that content? Or has that forum subsection been removed?

• Sad 1

Chris Bell
11 minutes ago, Officer25 said:

Uh oh... any comment on this?

yes i do!

unfortunately this is not the place to discuss or give a stage to a group of people looking to harm us intentionally, nor AVG ridicules no checks and report issues based on peaple opinion vs real threats, my advise is to uninstall AVG as well as disable real time protection from windows!!!

you will find many places on here we discuss security in depth and how to properly protect ones online presence,

you can safely ignore this AVG alert it is false!
and if you look in the actual detail they flag us for checking if you are online by sampling google.com, if you are not we simply ask you to get online first!

there you go AVG saved you from getting your product installed correctly (lmao, i wonder how many others :) )

Chris Bell
7 minutes ago, Officer25 said:

Does a moderator have to add my account to a special group to see that content? 

you should have access to those areas!
no special action is required from a mod to gain access once items are licensed,

you will see support tab on the top  navigation tab, please use it to open a ticket pointing out the access issue you are having atm,

be advised that some areas are only accessible if you own license for the product, for example if you have base + vector, traffic or bridges support segment will not be accessible until they are licensed to your account,

Officer25

Ok haha. As long as you aren't trying to pull a FlightSimLabs on me :)

• Sad 1

Chris Bell

sadly one of our group members pointed that out to me recently, i actually had no idea about that incident :( 

no we are not pulling anything on anyone, nothing is worth breaking the trust we have with our community!
we work too hard to allow anything to jeopardize our success and future,

we been here rock solid for over 5 years and plan to be right here for many years to come.

• Like 1

Chris Bell

with regards to access issues... i think a logout and back in should cure that,

now that you're a client your session here on forums probably needs to be reset,

• Haha 1

Officer25

That did fix the issue of not seeing the forum sections, in case anyone is reading this with the same problem.

• Thanks 1